LUMIX GF5X 12.1 Megapixel Compact System Camera [3X] 14-42mm Premium Power Zoom Lens Kit
This item is currently not available.
- Class Leading Fast Auto Focus
- Automatically Recommends Creative Effects with Guides
- Widest Range of Interchangeable Lens Available
- Smartphone-like Touch Enabled Display
- Professional Looking Stills and HD Videos
[ * For Micro Four Thirds System Cameras as of April 5, 2012 ]
Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Hoods + Caps
In Stock$449.95 $368.99
Back Order$399.95 $318.99
- Type Digital interchangeable lens system camera
- Recording media SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card (Compatible with UHS-I standard SDHC/SDXC memory cards)
- Image sensor size 17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Lens Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Type Live MOS Sensor
- Total pixels 13.06 Megapixels
- Camera effective pixels 12.10 Megapixels
- Color filter Primary color filter
- Dust reduction system Supersonic wave filter
- Recording file format Still Image: JPEG(DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds standard) / Motion Image: AVCHD (Audio format: Dolby Digital 2 ch) / MP4 (Audio format AAC 2ch)
- Aspect ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- Image quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard, MPO+Fine, MPO+Standard (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- Color Space sRGB, Adobe RGB
- File size(Pixels)
- Still Image [4:3] 4000x3000(L) / 2816x2112(M) / 2048x1536(S) / 1600x1200(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard) / [3:2] 4000x2672(L) / 2816x1880(M) / 2048x1360(S) / 1600x1064(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard) / [16:9] 4000x2248(L) / 2816x1584(M) / 1920x1080(S) / 1600x904(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard) / [1:1] 2992 x 2992 (L) / 2112 x 2112 (M) / 1504 x 1504 (S) / 1440x1440(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- Motion Image (MP4*1 : NTSC) [Full HD]1920×1080(sensor output is 30p) / [HD]1280x720(sensor output is 30p) / [VGA] 640x480(sensor output is 30p)
- Motion Image (AVCHD*1 : NTSC) [Full HD] 1920×1080, 60i (sensor output is 30p) (FSH:17Mbps) / [HD] 1280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 30p)（SH:17Mbps)
- Continuous recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 140 min with H-H014 / AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 120 min with H-FS014042 / AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 130 min with H-PS14042
- Actual recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 70 min with H-H014 / AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 60 min with H-FS014042 / AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 65 min with H-PS14042
- Type Contrast AF system
- Focus mode AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous) / MF
- AF mode Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing/Pinpoint
- AF detective range EV 0 - 18 (ISO100 equivalent)
- AF assist lamp YES
- AF lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF lock
- Others Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion image recording), AF+MF, Touch shutter, Touch MF Assist,
- Light metering system 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
- Light metering mode Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- Metering range EV 0 - 18 (F2.0 lens, ISO100 equivalent)
- Exposure mode Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual,
- ISO sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity) Auto / Intelligent ISO / 160 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 (Extended) / (Changeable to 1/3 EV step)
- Exposure compensation 1/3EV Step ±3EV
- AE lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AE lock
- AE bracket 3,5 frame, in 1/3 or 2/3 EV Step, ±4/3 EV
- White balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2 / Color temperature setting
- White balance adjustment Blue/amber bias, Magenta/green bias
- Color temperature setting 2500-10000K in 100K
- White balance bracket 3 exposures in blue/ amber axis or in magenta/ green axis
- Type Focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speed Still Images: 1/4000 ~ 60 / Motion image: 1/16000 ~ 1/30 (NTSC)
- Self timer 10sec, 3 images/ 2sec / 10sec
- Still image Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Clear in Backlight / Relaxing Tone / Sweet Child's Face / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Glistening Water / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Artistic Nightscape / Glittering Illuminations / Clear Night Portrait / Soft Image of a Flower / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Clear Sports Shot / Monochrome
- Video Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Clear in Backlight / Relaxing Tone / Sweet Child's Face / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Artistic Nightscape / Clear Night Portrait / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Clear Sports Shot / Monochrome
- Burst speed H: 4.0 frames/sec(with AFS), M: 3.0 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2.0 frames/sec (with Live View)
- Number of recordable images 4 images (when there are RAW files with the particular speed) / Unlimited consecutive shooting (when there are no RAW files) / (depending on memory card size, battery power, picture size, and compression)
- Type TTL Built-in-Flash, GN6.3 equivalent (ISO 160 ・m), Built-in Pop-up
- Flash Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, / Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
- Synchronization speed Less than 1/160 second
- Flash synchronization 1st. Curtain Sync
- Type TFT LCD with Touch panel
- Monitor size 3.0inch / 3:2 Aspect / Wide-viewing angle
- Filed of view Approx. 100%
- Monitor adjustment Brightness (7 levels), Contrast and Saturation (7 levels), Red tint (7 levels), Blue tint (7 levels)
- Digital zoom 2x, 4x
- Extra Tele Conversion Still image: Max.2x (Not effective with L size recording. Magnification ratio depends on the recording pixels and aspect ratio.) / Motion image: 3.1x (SH in AVCHD and HD in MP4), 4.2x (VGA in MP4)
- Other functions Guide Lines (3 patterns) / Real-time Histogram
- Level Gauge No
DIRECTION DETECTION FUNCTION
- Direction Detection Function Yes
- Fn1, Fn2, Fn3 ONE PUSH AE / AF/AE LOCK / PREVIEW / PHOTO STYLE / ASPECT RATIO / PICTURE SIZE / QUALITY / FOCUS MODE/ METERING MODE / FLASH / I.RESOLUTION / I.DYNAMIC / / EX. TELE CONV. / DIGITAL ZOOM / STABILIZER / SENSITIVITY / MOTION PIC. SET / HISTOGRAM / GUIDE LINE / STEP ZOOM / ZOOM SPEED /REC AREA
- Still image Expressive / Retro / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus / Star Filter / One Point Color
- Video Expressive / Retro / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Miniature Effect / One Point Color
- Still image and Video Standard / Vivide / Natural / Monochrome / Scenery / Portrait / Custom
- Playback mode Normal playback, 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (16x Max.), Slideshow (duration & effect is selectable), Playback Mode (Normal/Picture/Video/3D Play/Category/Favorite), / Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Resize, Cropping, Rotate, Favorite, Print set, Protect, Face Recognition Edit
IMAGE PROTECTION / ERASE
- Protection Single / Multi, Cancel
- Erase Single / Multi / All / Except Favorite
- Direct Print PictBridge compatible（Print size, Layout, Date setting are selectable ）
- USB USB 2.0 High Speed
- HDMI miniHDMI TypeC / Video: Auto / 1080i / 480p / Audio: Stereo
- Audio video output Monaural Type, NTSC / *Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the products that are available in your market.
MicrophoneStereo, Wind-cut: Off / Auto / Flicker reduction / Microphone level adjustable: Lv1 / Lv2 / Lv3 / Lv4
- OSD language English, Spanish, Portuguese(English) / * Check the website of Panasonic sales company in your country / region or ask customer support for details of the OSD language available on the products sold in your country / region.
BatteryLi-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 940mAh) (Included) / Battery Charger
- Battery life (CIPA standard) *2 Approx. 330 images with H-PS14042
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 107.7 x 66.6 x 36.8 mm / 4.24 x 2.62 x 1.45 inch (excluding protrusions)
- Weight Approx. 267g / 9.42 oz （SD card, Battery, Body) / Approx. 225g / 7.94 oz （Body only) / Approx. 362g / 12.77 oz (SD card, Battery, H-PS14042 lens included)
- Operating temperature 0℃ to 40℃ (32°F to 104°F)
- Operating humidity 10% RH to 80％ RH
SoftwarePHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.2 AE / SILKYPIX® Developer Studio 3.1SE / Super LoiLoScope (trial version) / USB Driver
- Standard accessories Body, LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. (H-PS14042), Lens Cap, Battery Charger, Battery Pack, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM / • Body cap is not included for the DMC-GF5X kit. / • Lens rear cap of H-PS14042 lens is not included for the DMC-GF5X kit.
- Lens Name LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH/POWER O.I.S
- Lens Construction 9 elements in 8 groups (4 aspherical lenses , 2 ED lens)
- Nano Surface Coating Yes
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
Optical Image StabilizerYES (POWER OIS)
Focal Lengthf=14-42mm (35mm camera equivalent 28-84mm)
- Aperture Type 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Aperture range F3.5(Wide) - F5.6(TELE)
- Minimum Aperture F22
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.2m / 0.66ft (14-20mm), 0.3m / 0.98ft (21-42mm)
- Maximum magnification Approx. 0.17x / 0.34x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View 75°(Wide) to 29°(TELE)
- Filter Size φ37mm / 1.5in
- Max. Diameter φ61mm / 2.4in
- Overall Length Approx. 26.8mm / 1.1in (When the lens is retracted.)
- Weight [g] Approx. 95g (excluding lens cap and lens rear cap)
- Weight [oz] Approx. 3.4oz (excluding lens cap and lens rear cap)
- Others Electric zoom lever, Manual focus lever
- NOTE * Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class4" or higher / *2 With eco mode
- UPC 885170087590
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.