LUMIX® G3K 16 Megapixel Compact System Camera 3X, 14-42 mm Standard Zoom Lens Kit
- 16 Megapixel Mirror-less Compact System with LVF (1.44M Dots)
- 3X Lens Kit (14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S.)
- Variable 4 - 20 fps Burst Rate (Resolution Dependent)
- Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount, Lumix Light Speed Focusing, Mode Dial, and 3D Lens Ready
- 3.0 Free Angle LCD with Touch Control (460K) and New Touch Pinpoint AF Feature
Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Hoods + Caps
In Stock$329.99 $329.95
LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 45-175mm, F4.0-5.6 ASPH., Micro Four Thirds, POWER Optical I.S. - H-PS45175KH-PS45175K
Back Order$449.99 $449.95
LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 14-42mm, F3.5-5.6 ASPH., Micro Four Thirds, POWER Optical I.S. - H-PS14042SH-PS14042S
Back Order$799.99 $799.95
In Stock$329.99 $329.95
- Get Support
Firmware & Drivers
- Version: 1.2
- Issues Addressed: Adds a function for using power zoom lens.([DISP FOCAL LENGTH], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED], [ZOOM RING])
- Release Date: 10-13-2010
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Camera Type Digital interchangeable lens system camera
- Image Sensor Type:Live MOS SensorTotal Megapixels 16.68 / Effective Megapixels 16.0Color filter:Primary color filter
- Image Sensor Size 17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Dust Reduction System Supersonic wave filter
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
Digital Zoom2x4x (live view only)
- Focus Type:Contrast AF system, Focus mode:AFS/ AFC/ MFAF mode: Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing / Pinpoint Touch (1- area-focusing in Face detection / AF Tracking / Multi-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing / Pinpoint)
- AF detective range EV 0-18 (ISO100 equivalent)
- Focus Others Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion image recording), AF+MF, Touch shutter, Touch MF Assist
- AF/AE Lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF / AE lockSet the Fn button in custom menu to AF / AE lock
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / Intelligent ISO / 160 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 (Changeable to 1/3 EV step)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2 / Color temperature setting (Touch operation is possible)
- White Balance Adjustment Blue/Amber BiasMagenta/Green Bias
- Color Temperature Setting 2500-10000K in 100K
- White Balance Bracket 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
Exposure Compensation1/3EV Step ±5EV
Auto Bracketing( AE) 3,5,7 frame, in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV Step, ±3 EV
- Light Metering System 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Metering Range EV 0-18 (F2.0 lens, ISO 100)
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait / Soft Skin / Scenery / Architecture / Sports / Peripheral Defocus / Flower / Food / Objects / /Night Portrait / Night Scenery / Illiminatioms / Baby 1, 2 / Pet / Party / Sunset
- Movie Scene Mode Portrait/SoftSkin/Scenery/Architecture/Sports/Flower/Food/Objects/Lowlight/Party/Sunset (Activated by selecting Still Image SCN mode then pressing MovieButton.)
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System Type:Focal-plane shutterShutter speed:Still Images: 1/4000˜60 and Bulb (up to approx. 120 seconds)Motion image: 1/16000˜1/30 (NTSC), 1/16000˜1/25 (PAL)
Self Timer10sec, 3 images/ 2sec / 10sec
- Recording Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, DPOF compatible MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds standard) Motion Image: AVCHD / QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard,MPO+Fine, MPO+Standard (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds standard)
- Color Space sRGB, Adobe RGB
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) [4:3] 4592x3448(L)[16M] / 3232x2424(M) [8M] / 2272x1704(S) [4M] / 1824x1368(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) [3:2] 4576x3056(L) [14M] / 3232x2160(M)[7M] / 2272x1520(S)[3.5M] / 1824x1216(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) [16:9] 4576x2576(L) [11.5M] / 3232x1824(M) [6M] / 1920x1080(S) [2M] / 1824x1024(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- 1:1 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) [1:1] 3424 x 3424 (L) [11.5M] / 2416 x 2416 (M) [6M] / 1712 x 1712 (S)[3M] / 1712x1712(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- Motion Picture Recording 4:3 Motion JPEG: [4:3] QVGA : 320 x 240, 30fps / VGA : 640 x 480, 30fps
- Motion Picture Recording 16:9 Motion JPEG: [16:9] WVGA : 848 x 480, 30fps
- Motion Image (AVCHD) NTSC [Full HD] 1920×1080, 60i (sensor output is 30p) (FSH:17Mbps)[HD] 1280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 30p) (SH:17Mbps)[Full HD] 1920×1080, 50i (sensor output is 25p) (FSH:17Mbps)[HD] 1280 x 720, 50p (sensor output is 25p) (SH:17Mbps)
- Aspect Ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- Protection/Erase Protection: Single / Multi, Single in Burst Group / Multi in Burst Group, CancelErase: Single / Multi / All / Except Favorite
ViewfinderLive View Finder (1,440,000 dots equivalent)Magnification:Approx. 1.4x / 0.7x (35mm camera equivalent) with 50mm lens at infinity; -1.0 m-1Eye point:Approx.17.5mm from eyepiece lensDiopter adjustment:-4.0˜+4.(dpt)
- LCD Monitor Type: TFT LCD with Touch panelMonitor size: 3.0inch / 3:2 Aspect / Wide-viewing anglePixels: 460K dotsField of View: 100%Monitor Adjust:Brightness (7 levels), Cnotrast & Saturation (7 levels), Red tint (7 levels), Blue tint (7 levels)
- Extra Tele Conversion Still image: Max.2x (Not effective with L size recording. Magnification ratio depends on the recording pixels and aspect ratio.)Motion image: Max.4.8x (Magnification ratio depends on the recording quality and aspect ratio.)
- Live View: Other Functions Guide Lines (3 patterns)/Real-time Histogram
- Playback Mode Normal playback, 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (16x Max.), Slideshow (duration & effect is selectable)
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
MicrophoneStereo, Wind-cut: Off / Low / Standard / HighMicrophone level adjustable: Lv1 / Lv2 / Lv3 / Lv4
- HDMI miniHDMI TypeCVideo: Auto / 1080i / 720p / 480pAudio: Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator
- Direct Print PictBridge compatible (Print size, Layout, Date setting is selectable)
- Power ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1010mAh) (Included) Battery Charger
Battery LifeCIPA standard:Approx. 270 images (When using the LCD / LVF) with H-FS014042Approx. 250 images (When using the LCD / LVF) with H-FS045200
- Operating Humidity 10% to 80%
- Operating Temperature 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Built-in-Flash TTL Built-in-Flash, GN10.5 equivalent (ISO 160*m), Built-in Pop-upFlash mode:Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction,Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
- Flash Output Adjustment 1/3EV Step ±2EV
- Flash Synchronization 1st. Curtain Sync. , 2nd Curtain Sync.
- Hot shoe TTL Auto with FL220/FL360/FL500(Optional)
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.2 HD EditionSILKYPIX® Developer Studio 3.1 SESuper LoiLoScope (trial version)USB Driver
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Body Cap,AV Cable, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, Stylus pen, CD-ROM
- Additional Playback Mode Playback Mode (Normal/Picture/AVCHD/Motion JPEG/3D Play/Category/Favorite), Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Resize, Cropping, Aspect Conversion, Rotate, Rotate Display, Favorite, Print Set, Protect, Face Rec Edit
- Remote Control Remote control with bulb function by DMW-RSL1 (Optional)
- Continuous recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 110 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 100 min with H-FS045200Motion Jpeg with picture quality set to [HD]: Approx. 120 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 110 min with H-FS045200
- Actual recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 55 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 50 min with H-FS045200Motion Jpeg with picture quality set to [HD]: Approx. 60 min with H-FS014042 / Approx. 55 min with H-FS045200
- Burst Speed SH: 20 frames/sec(4M), H: 4 frames/sec, M: 3 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- BURST SHOOTING: Number of recordable images 7 images (when there are RAW files with the particular speed)Unlimited consecutive shooting (when there are no RAW files)(depending on memory card size, battery power, picture size, and compression)
- USB USB 2.0 High Speed
- Audio video output Monaural Type, NTSC, NTSC only for North America*Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the products that are available in your market.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 115.2 x 83.6 x 46.7mm / 4.54 x 3.29 x 1.84 in (excluding protrusions)
- Weight Approx.544g / 19.20 oz (SD card, Battery, 14-42mm lens included)Approx. 761g / 26.88 oz (SD card, Battery, 45-200mm lens included)Approx. 336g / 11.84 oz (Body only)
- Creative control (Still image & Motion image) Expressive / Retro / High key / Sepia / High Dyamic
- Synchronization speed Less than 1/160 second
- Photo style Color:Standard / Vivid / Natural / Monochrome / Scenery / Portrait / Custom
- Remote Input ø2.5mm. mini jack
- Recommended Humidity 40%RH to 60%RH
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 6.3125'' x 7.5625'' x 5.7188''
- UPC 885170047563
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.