LUMIX® G1 Series 12.1 Megapixel Interchangeable Lens Camera
This item is currently not available.
- Compact, Mirror Free Design
- Full-Time "Live View"
- Intelligent Auto Mode
Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Hoods + Caps
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.5
Improved modulation accuracy of flash. Improved AF (auto focus) performance with lenses produced by other manufacturers
Improved image stabilizer menu. The improvement added an [OFF] option in the [STABILIZER] menu. The [OFF] option only appears when a LUMIX G VARIO 14-42 mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS014042) is attached.
Improved modulation accuracy of flash.
Improved AF (auto focus) performance with lenses produced by other manufacturers
- Release Date: 3-26-2010
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- How to Take Pictures Using the Remote Shutter
- About Panasonic Lenses
- How to Check and Install Firmware
- How to Connect to Mac
- How to Send Images Stored in the Camera to a Mac
- How to Upload Pictures to Facebook
- How to Upload to YouTube
- About the Panasonic Lenses
- How to Create a Lumix Club Account
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto
- How to Import Pictures Using Photo Gallery
- How to use Your New Lens
- How to Install Software for Camera
- How to Install Software
- How to Take Better Photos
- How to use Your New Lens
- Camera Type Digital Interchangeable Lens Camera
- KEY FEATURES
Effective Pixels12.1 Mega Pixels
- Image Sensor 13.1 Total Mega PixelsLive MOS SensorPrimary Color Filter
- Image Sensor Size 17.3 x 13.0mm
- Dust Reduction System Supersonic wave filter
Focal Lengthf=14mm to 45mm (35mm film camera equivalent 28mm to 90mm)
- Lens Construction 12 elements in 9 groups (1 Aspherical lens)
- Aperture Type 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
ApertureRange F3.5 (Wide) - F5.6 (Tele)Minimum Aperture F22
- LENS SPECIFICATIONS
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
Optical Image StabilizerMEGA O.I.S.
Mega Optical Image StabilizerYes
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.30m at all focal lengths
- Maximum Magnification Approx. 0.17x / 0.34x (35mm film camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View 75° (W)˜27° (T)
- Filter Size φ52mm / 2.05 in
- Max. Diameter Ø60mm / 2.36 in
- Overall Length (Lens only) Approx. 60mm / 2.36 in (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Weight (Lens only) Approx. 195g / 6.88oz
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES
Type: Contrast AF systemMode: AFs/AFc/MFAF Detective Range: EV 0-18 (ISO100)AF mode: Face detection
- AF/AE Lock AF/AE LOCK button or Shutter button halfway pressed in AFs mode
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / Intelligent ISO
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / Flash / White Set 1,2 / Color temperature setting
- White Balance Adjustment Blue/Amber BiasMagenta/Green Bias
- Color Temperature Setting 2500-10000K in 100K
- White Balance Bracket 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
Exposure Program AE Aperture Priority AE Shutter Priority AEManual
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 3 EV
Auto Bracketing( AE) 3,5,7 frame, in 1/3 or 2/3 EV Step, ±2 EV
- Light Metering System 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Metering Range EV 0-18 (F2.0 lens, ISO 100)
- Face Detection Yes
- Scene Modes SCN (Sunset / Party / Baby 1, 2 / Pet)
Advanced Scene Mode
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System Type: Focal-plane shutter, Speed: 1/4000 ˜ 60 and Bulb (up to approx. 4 minutes), Remote control with bulb
function by DMW-RSL1 (Optional)
Self Timer2 seconds / 10 seconds / 10 seconds / 3 images
Still Image: JPEG(Design rule for Camera File system, based on Exif 2.21 standard), RAW, DPOF
corresponding image with audio: JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system, based on Exif 2.21 standard)
- Image Quality Fine / Standard / RAW / RAW+Standard JPEG / RAW+Fine JPEG
- Color Space sRGB, Adobe RGB
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 3000 pixels2816 x 2112 pixels2048 x 1536 pixels
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 2672 pixels2816 x 1880 pixels,2048 x 1360 pixels
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 2248 pixels2816 x 1584 pixels1920 x 1080 pixels
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES
Burst Shooting Mode
7 pics(when there are RAW file with the particular speed)Unlimited consecutive shooting
(when no RAW file) (depending on memory card size, batt. power, pic size, & compression)For 3 frames/sec (High speed)
or 2 frames/sec (Low speed)
- STANDARD FEATURES
- Protection/Erase Protection: Single / Multi or CancelErase: Single / Multi / All / Except FAVORITE
Built-in Flash Type/Mode
Type: TTL Built-in-Flash, GN11 (ISO100,m), Built-in Pop-upMode: Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On,
Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
- Flash Synchronization 1st. Curtain Sync. , 2nd Curtain Sync.
- X-Sync Speed Less than 1/160 second
- External Flash Hot shoe (TTL Auto with FL360/FL500/FL220 (Optional))
ViewfinderLive View Finder(1,440,000 dots equiv)Magnification: Approx. 1.4x/0.7x(35mm film camera equiv) w/50mm
lens at infinity; -1.0 m-1Field of view: approx. 100%Eye point: approx. 17.5mmDiopiter Adjust: -4.0 ˜ +4.0 [m-1]
Free-angle 3.0” Low temperature Polycrystalline TFT LCD (460K dots)3:2 Aspect/Wide viewing
angleField of view: approx. 100%
Digital zoom: 2x, 4xExtra optical zoom: Max. 2x (Not effective with full pixel recording. Magnification ratio
depends on the recording pixels.)Other functions: Highlight Display, Guide Lines (3 patterns), Real-time Histogram
Standard, Dynamic, Natural, Smooth, Vibrant, Nostalgic, WB/Standard, WB/Dynamic, WB/Smooth, My Film1,
MyFilm2, Multi Film
Single/12/30-thumbnail displayCalendar displayZoomed playbackImage rotation(except RAW)
Slide showPlayback fav picturesResizing(selectable number of pixels)Trimming/ProtectionAspect conversionDPOF print setting
- OSD Language English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Recording Media SD Memory CardSDHC Memory CardMultimedia Card
Digital: USB 2.0 (High Speed)Digital Video: MiniHDMI TypeC (1.3b corresponding)Analog Video: NTSC/PAL
Composite (switched by menu)
PictBridgePrint size, Layout, Date setting is selectable
- Color Black
Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1250mAh)(Included)Battery Charger/AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)
(Optional DC cable (DMW-DCC3) is required)
Battery LifeUp to 330 images (LCD), up to 350 images (LVF) (CIPA Standard with with LUMIX G VARIO
14-45mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./MEGA O.I.S.)*
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO -viewer- 2.1 E, SILKYPIX® Developer Studio 3.0 SE, USB Driver
Battery Charger/AC Adapter, Battery Pack, Body Cap, Video Cable, USB Connection Cable,
AC Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM
- Intelligent ISO Control Yes
- Intelligent Scene Selector Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 3.29" x 4.88" x 1.78"
- AF Tracking Yes
- Weight .85 lbs
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.