12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
- AVCHD Lite: Features high quality movie recording in AVCHD Lite
- Power O.I.S.: About twice as effective in compensating for blurring
- Ultra High-Speed AF: Lightning fast 0.3sec AF for capturing scenes as they happen
- LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT Lens: 27mm wide-angle and 18x zoom
- Replacement Accessories
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Camera Type Super Zoom
- KEY FEATURES .
Effective Pixels12.1 Mega Pixels
- Image Sensor Size 1/2.33-inch
- Extra Optical Zoom 22.1x (4:3 / 8M), 28.1x (4:3 / 5M), 35.2x (under 3M)
Focal Lengthf=4.8-86.4mm (27-486mm in 35mm equiv.)
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT11 elements in 8 groups(3 Aspherical Lenses / 2 ED lenses)
- 2-Speed Zoom Yes
ApertureRange F2.8 - 4.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F2.8 - 8 (W) / F4.4 - 8 (T))
Optical Image StabilizerPOWER O.I.S. (Auto / Mode1 / Mode2)
Digital Zoom4x ( Max. 72.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom ) (Max.140.8x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 30cm - infinityMacro / Intelligent AUTO : Wide 1cm / 200 cm (MAX) / 100 cm (11x - 18x) - infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES .
- Conversion Lens Compatibility Yes
- Focus Range Display Yes
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / Multi (11pt) / 1pt HS / 1pt / Spot
- Focus Normal / Macro, Zoom Macro, Quick AF On/Off (On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF On/Off AF/MF Switchable, Manual Focus(Joystick), One Shot AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600High Sensitivity (ISO 1600-6400)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Flash / Halogen / Color Temperature / White Set 1 / White Set 2(Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Pinhole, Panorama Assist mode
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, Program Shift(Program AE mode)
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (only in Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) +/- 1/3 EV ˜1EV step, 3 frames
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Dedicated Button/Mode Switch [Recording] / [Playback]
- Shooting Mode (Mode Dial)/Rec. Mode Intelligent AUTO, P(Program) mode, A(Aperture Priority) mode, S(Shutter Priority) mode, M(Manual) mode, Creative Movie mode, Portrait mode, Scenery mode, Sports mode, Night Portrait mode, Close-up mode, Scene mode, My Color mode, Custom
- Scene Modes Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Flash Burst, Panning, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial photo, Pin Hole, Film Grain, High Dynamic (Standard,Art,B&W), Photo Frame, Panorama Assist
- Movie Scene Mode Portrait/Scenery/Low Light/Flower/Intelligent Auto/Soft Skin/Food/Objects/Party/Candle Light/Sunset/High Sensitivity/Panning/Beach/Snow/Aerial Photo/Pin Hole/High Dynamic (Standard/Art/B&W) Film Grain/Creative Movie (P.S.A.M) Mode
- Advanced Scene Mode Portrait: Normal/Soft Skin/Outdoor/Indoor/CreativeScenery: Normal/Nature/Architecture/CreativeSports: Normal/Outdoor/Indoor/CreativeNight Portrait: Night Portrait/Night Scenery/Illuminations/CreativeClose-up: Flower/Food/Objects/Creative
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System Still: 60 - 1/2000 secCreative Movie Mode : 1/30 - 1/20,000 sec (1/8 - 1/20,000 sec on MF operation on Manual mode)
Self Timer2 seconds / 10 seconds / 10 seconds / 3 images
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Zoom, Hold
- Review Yes
- Color Effect Mode Yes
- Color Mode Black White, Sepia, Cool, Warm
- Recording Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.21) / RAWMotion picture: AVCHD Lite ¿QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard/RAW/RAW+JPEG
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 3000(12M)/ 3264 x 2448 (8M EZ) / 2560 x 1920 (5M EZ) /2048 x 1536 (3M EZ) / 1600 x 1200 (2M EZ) / 640 x 480 (0.3M EZ)
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 2672(10.5M) / 3264 x 2176 (7M EZ) / 2560 x 1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048 x 1360 (2.5M EZ)
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 2248(9M) / 3264 x 1840 (6M EZ) / 2560 x 1440 (3.5M EZ) / 1920 x 1080 (2M EZ)
- Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio) VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG) QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio) WVGA: 848 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Image (HD Movie) 1280x720, NTSC Mode: NTSC model: 60p(CCD output is 30p) (AVCHD Lite, SH: 17Mbps / H:13Mbps / L:9Mbps ) / 30fps (Motion JPEG)
- Aspect Ratio 4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES .
- Intelligent Exposure Yes (Photo & Movie)
- Digital Red Eye Correction Yes (Photo)
- Still Image Recording with Audio No
- Audio Dubbing No
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Built-in Memory Approx. 40MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes/Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes/Yes
- STANDARD FEATURES .
- Built-in Flash Type/Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off0.3 - 8.5m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 5.4m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash No
Viewfinder0.20" Color EVF (201.6K Pixels equiv.), Field of View : approx. 100%, Lens 19.6x
- LCD Monitor 2.7" TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots)Field of View : approx. 100%AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode, High-Angle Mode
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Category Playback, Favorites Playback, Mode Play
- Additional Playback Mode Yes (Motion JPEG/AVCHD Lite)
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
MicrophoneStereo(Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator)
- Interface AV Output (NTSC), HD AV Output(component), USB2.0 High speed, DC Input
- HDMI Video: Auto / 1080i / 720p / 480pAudio: Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator
- Color Black
- Power Lithium-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 710 mAh)(Included)AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
Battery Life470 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- ACCESSORIES .
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 4.0 HD EditionArcSoft (MediaImpression / Panorama Maker)SILKYPIX® Developer Studio 3.0 SEQuickTime
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, AV Cable, USB Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM, Lens hood, Lens hood adaptor, Lens Cap, Lens Cap String
- Multi-Aspect No
- Max Auto ISO Setting Yes
- Quick Menu Yes
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 2.3 frames/sec Max. 5 images-Standard, Max 3 images-Fine High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 6.0 frames/sec-Image approx. 10 frames/sec-Speed (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
- Focus Icon Select Yes
- Optical Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Macro Zoom Yes
- Orientation Detector Yes
- Easy Organization No
- Touch Zoom No
- Thumbnails/Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Max 16x
- Calendar Display/Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites/Rotate Image Yes / No
- Playback Still Images with Audio No
- Slideshow Mode All / Still Images Only / Motion Picture Only / Category / Favorites / BGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Show Histogram Yes
- Show Highlights Yes
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- DPOF Print Setting/Set Production Yes / Yes
- Resize/Trim/Aspect Conv./Leveling Yes / Yes / No / Yes
- Cut Animation No
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- iA Direct Button No
- Water Proof No
- Dust Proof No
- Shock Proof No
- Flash Burst Continuous Shooting Mode Max. 5 images (Standard mode)
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume No/Yes
- CCD (Image Sensor) 1/2.33-inch / 12.7 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Wi-Fi mode 49.5 No
- Weight(lbs) Approx. 0.81 lbApprox. 0.91 lb with Battery and SD Memory Card
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.98'' x 4.63'' x 3.50''
- UPC 037988263677
Advanced Features Manuals
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.