10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
This item is currently not available.
- Intelligent Auto Mode: Helps prevent shooting errors.
- LEICA DC Vario-Elmarit Lens: 27mm wide angle
- 720p HD Movie Recording: Shoot beautiful HD motion images.
- Replacement Accessories
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Series FZ
- Model Year 2008
Effective Pixels10.1 Megapixels
1/2.33", 10.7 Total Megapixels
CCD, Primary Color Filter
Extra Optical Zoom
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 21.4x for 7Mega, 25.7x for 5Mega, 32.1x for 3Mega, 2Mega, 0.3Mega
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 21.4x for 6Mega, 25.7x for 4.5Mega, 32.1x for 2.5Mega
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 21.4x for 5.5Mega, 25.7x for 3.5Mega, 32.1x for 2Mega
Focal Lengthf=4.8-86.4mm (35mm Equiv.: 27-486mm)
Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens
11 elements in 8 groups
(3 Aspherical Lenses / 4 Aspherical surfaces, 2 ED lenses)
ApertureRange Wide: F2.8 - F8.0 Tele: F4.4 - F8
Optical Image StabilizerMEGA O.I.S. (Auto/Mode1/ Mode2)
( Max. 72.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom )
(Max. 128x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
Normal: Wide 30cm/ Tele 200cm - infinity MF / Intelligent AUTO / Macro: Wide 1cm / Tele 200cm - infinity
Tele Macro (approx. 11x - 18x) : 100cm - infinity
- Conversion Lens Compatibility Yes
- AF Metering Face / AF tracking / multi-area / 1-area high speed / 1-area / spot
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto /100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 (High Sensitivity Mode : Auto(1600 - 6400) )
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set / White Balance Adjustment (+10steps, except for auto set)
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, Program Shift(Program AE mode)
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
- Backlight Compensation Yes (auto in Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) +/- 1/3 EV ˜ 1EV step, 3 frames
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Scene Modes Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Flash Burst, Panning, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial photo, Pin Hole, Film Grain
- Advanced Scene Mode Portrait/Sports: Normal / Outdoor / Indoor / CreativeScenery: Normal / Nature / Architecture / CreativeMacro: Normal / Moving Subject / CreativeNight Portrait: Normal / Night Scenery / Illumination / Creative
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System P:1-1/2000sec (Selectable minimum shutter speed)A/S:8-1/2000sec, M:60-1/2000sec Starry Sky Mode : 15, 30, 60sec.
Self Timer2 seconds / 10 seconds / 10 seconds / 3 images
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Zoom, Hold
- Review 1x/4x/8x
Noise Reduction +2steps
- Color Effect Mode Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm
Still Image: JPEG(Design rule for Camera File system, based on Exif 2.21 standard), RAW, DPOF corresponding image with audio: JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system, based on Exif 2.21 standard)+ QuickTime
Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard/RAW/RAW+JPEG
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3648 x 2736
3072 x 2304
2560 x 1920
2048 x 1536
1600 x 1200
640 x 480
3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3648 x 2432
3072 x 2048
2560 x 1712
2048 x 1360
16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image)
3648 x 2056
3072 x 1728
2560 x 1440v1920 x 1080
- Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio) 640 x 480 pixels 30 fps, 320 x 240 pixels 30 fps/10 fps
- Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio) : 848 x 480 pixels 30 fps
- Motion Image HD¿16:9 Aspect Ratio) 1280x720 pixels 30fps
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES
- Burst Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 2.5 frames/sec Max. 5 images (Standard mode), Max 3 images (Fine mode)
Unlimited Consecutive ShootingYes
- Intelligent Exposure Off / Low / Standard / High
- Digital Red Eye Correction Yes
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume/Motion Zoom No/Yes/Yes
- Still Image Recording with Audio 5 seconds
- Audio Dubbing Maximum of 10 Seconds
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Built-in Memory approx. 50MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Auto Angle Detection Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes
- Title Edit Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes/-
- STANDARD FEATURES
- Built-in Flash Type/Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, Flash Synchro ; 1st / 2nd Flash output Adjustment (1/3EV step, -2 - +2 EV) 0.3 - 8.5m (Wide/Macro/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 5.4m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash No
Viewfinder0.20" Color EVF (201.6K Pixels equiv.), Field of View : approx. 100%, Lens 19.6x
- LCD Monitor 2.7" TFT LCD Display (230K dots) Field of View : approx. 100% AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode, High angle mode
- Playback Mode REC/Play Selector Switch, 30 & 12-thumbnail Display, Calendar Display, Zoomed Playback (16x max), Playback of Fav Pics, Image Rotation, Resize, Trim, Protection, Aspect Conv. DPOF Print Setting Creating Still Pics from Motion Picture, Dual Image Playback
- OSD Language English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese
SD Memory Card
SDHC Memory Card
MultiMediaCard (Still image only)
- Interface DC Input, AV Output (NTSC), HD AV Output (Component), USB2.0 High speed
- Color Black
- Power Lithium-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 710 mAh)(Included)AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
Battery Life460 pictures (CIPA standard)
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO -viewer- 2.1E ArcSoft (MediaImpression / Panorama Maker) SilkyPix Developer Studio 3.0SE, QuickTime, USB Driver
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Lens Cap, Lens Cap Strap, Lens Hood, Hood Adaptor, AV Cable, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM
- ISO Limit Set Yes
- Multi-Exposure No
- Multi-Aspect No
- Rec Mode (Mode Dial) Intelligent AUTO, P(Program) mode, A(Aperture Priority) mode, S(Shutter Priority) mode, M(Manual) mode, Custom1, Custom2, Portrait mode, Scenery mode, Sports mode, Night Portrait mode, Close-up mode, Scene mode, Motion Picture
- Color Bracketing Standard / Black & White (2 images), Standard / Sepia (2 images), Standard / Black & White / Sepia (3 images)
- Real-time Histogram / Highlight Display Yes / Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.96'' x 4.63'' x 3.5''
- Weight 82 lbs.
- UPC 037988988105
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.