8.1-Megapixel Digital Camera with 18x Optical Zoom, Black
Features 8.1-Megapixel Digital Camera with 18x Optical Zoom, Intelligent Auto Technology, 28mm Wide-Angle LEICA Lens and 2.5" Diagonal LCD, Black
- Camera Type Super Zoom
- KEY FEATURES .
Effective Pixels8.1 Megapixels
1/2.5", 8.32 Total Megapixels
CCD, Primary Color Filter
- Extra Optical Zoom 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 23x for 5 Mega, 28.7x for 3 Mega, 2 Mega, 0.3 Mega3:2 Aspect Ratio: 23x for 4.5 Mega, 28.7x for 2.5 Mega16:9 Aspect Ratio: 23x for 3.5 Mega, 28.7x for 2 Mega
Focal Lengthf=4.6-82.8mm (35mm equiv.: 28-504mm)
Leica DC Vario-Elmarit Lens
11 Elements in 8 Groups (3
ApertureRange Wide: F2.8 - F8.0Tele: F4.2 - F8.0
Optical Image Stabilizer MEGA O.I.S.( Mode 1/ Mode 2)
Digital Zoom4x (Max. 72x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom)(Max. 115x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area P/A/S/M/Intelligent AUTO/Motion Picture: Normal: Wide 30cm/Tele 200cm-infinityMacro: Wide 1cm/Tele(approx. 6x-11x)200cm-infinityTele Macro(approx. 12x-18x):100cm-infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES .
- Conversion Lens Compatibility Yes
- AF Metering Face/1-point/1-point high speed/3-point high speed/Multi-point/Spot
- Focus AF-Macro On/Off, AF/MF Switchable, Manual Focus(Joystick), One Shot AF, Continuous AF On/Off
- AF/AE Lock Yes
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1250 / 1600 (High Sensitivity Mode: Auto(1600-6400)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set1,2White Balance Adjustment(2-axis adjustable, +9steps each)(Selectable at Portrait(Normal, Soft Skin, Creative), Sports(Normal, Creative), Baby, Pet and High Sensitivity Mode)
ExposureProgram AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual, Program Shift(Program AE Mode)
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (at Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) +/- 1/3 EV ˜ 1EV step, 3 frames
Intelligent Multiple/ Center-weighted/ Spot
- Shooting Mode (Mode Dial)/Rec. Mode Dial: P(Program AE) Mode, A(Aperture Priority AE) Mode, S(Shutter Priority AE) Mode, M(Manual Exposure) Mode, Motion Picture, Playback, Custom, Print, Intelligent AUTO
- Scene Modes SCN (Portrait, Scenery, Sports, Panning, Night Portrait, Food, Party, Candle Light, Fireworks, Starry Sky, Beach, Aerial Photo, Snow, High Sensitivity, Baby 1&2, Sunset, Pet)
- Advanced Scene Mode Portrait mode: Normal, Soft Skin, Outdoor, Indoor, CreativeScenery mode: Normal, Nature, Architecture, CreativeSports mode: Normal, Outdoor, Indoor, CreativeNight Portrait: Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Illuminations, Creative
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System Program AE:1-1/2000secAperture Priority AE/Shutter Priority AE:8-1/2000secManual:60-1/2000sec.Starry Sky Mode:15,30,60sec
Self Timer2 seconds / 10 seconds / 10 seconds / 3 images
- Auto Review 1 sec/3 sec/zoom
- Review 1x/4x/8x
- Picture Adjustment Contrast +2stepsSharpness +2stepsSaturation +2stepsNoise Reduction +2steps
- Color Effect Mode Cool, Warm, Black & White, Sepia
- Color Mode No
- Recording Format Still Image: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.21 standard), DPOF CorrespondingImage with audio: JPEG (design rule for camera file system, based on Exif 2.21 standard)+ QuickTimeMotion Picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard/RAW/RAW+JPEG
Motion Image(Quick Time Motion JPEG) 4:3 Aspect Ratio: 640 x 480 pixels, 320 x 240 pixels 30 fps, 10 fps16:9 Aspect Ratio: 848 x 480 pixels 30 fps, 10 fps
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 3264 x 24482560 x 19202048 x 15361600 x 1200640 x 480
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 3264 x 21762560 x 17122048 x 1360
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 3264 x 18402560 x 14401920 x 1080
- Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio) 640 x 480, 320 x 24030 fps, 10fps
- Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio) 848 x 480 pixels - 30 fps, 10 fps
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES .
- Burst Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 3 frames/sec Max. 7 images (Standard Mode), Max 4 images (Fine Mode)
Unlimited Consecutive ShootingYes
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume/Motion Zoom No/Yes
- Still Image Recording with Audio 5 seconds
- Audio Dubbing Maximum of 10 Seconds
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Built-in Memory approx. 27MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Auto Angle Detection Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes/Yes
- Title Edit Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes/Yes
- STANDARD FEATURES .
- Built-in Flash Type/Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced OffFlash output Adjustment (1/3EV step, -2 - +2 EV)0.3-6.0m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0-4.0m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash No
Viewfinder0.44" diagonal Color EVF (188k pixels)Field of view: approx. 100%
- LCD Monitor 2.5" Diagonal Polycrystalline TFT LCD Display (207k pixels)Field of view: approx. 100%Power LCD Mode, High Angle LCD Mode
- Playback Mode 9, 25-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (16x max), Image rotation, Category Playback, Slide Show, Favorite Pictures, Create Still Pictures, Resizing, Trimming, Protection, Aspect Conversion, DPOF Print Setting
- OSD Language English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Japanese
- Recording Media Built-in MemorySD Memory CardSDHC Memory CardMultiMediaCard
- Interface DC Input, A/V Output (NTSC), USB
- Color Black
- Power Lithium-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 710 mAh)(Included)AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
Battery LifeUp to 400 pictures (CIPA Standard)/400 pictures (with EVF)
- ACCESSORIES .
SILKYPIX® Developer Studio Ver 2.1SE, ArcSoft® MediaImpression™, ArcSoft®
Panorama Maker™, USB Driver, Lumix® Simple Viewer, Photo Fun Studio
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Lens Cap, Lens Hood & Adaptor, AC, AV & USB Cables, Strap, Shoulder Strap, Hood (S+L), CD-ROM
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.96'' x 4.63'' x 3.47''
- Weight .79
- UPC 037988986941
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.