LUMIX® FX78 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
- 3.5" Smart Touch Screen
- Full HD Movie Recording
- Mega OIS+Active Mode
Effective Pixels12.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch CCD sensor / 12.5 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
Focal Lengthf=4.3-21.5mm (24-120mm in 35mm equiv.)(26-130mm in 35mm equiv. in movie recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 6.1x (4:3 / 8M), 7.8x (4:3 / 5M), 9.8x (4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 6.5x
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMARIT7 elements in 6 groups(3 Aspherical Lenses / 5 Aspherical surfaces)
Digital Zoom4x( Max. 20.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom )(Max. 39.2 x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 100 cm - infinityMacro / Intelligent AUTO/ movie recording: Wide 3 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / 23pt / 1pt / Spot / Touch Area
- Focus Normal / AF Macro, Zoom Macro, Quick AF, AF Tracking, Touch AF/AEContinuous AF (only for motion picture)
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set(Selectable at Portrait, Transform, Self-Portrait, Panorama Assist, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, Highspeed Burst, Pinhole, Photo Frame, High Dynamic, Cosmetic)
Exposure Program AE
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (only in Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) 1/3 ˜1EV step, Max +/-1, 3 frames
- Light Metering System Intelligent Multiple
- Face Detection Photo & Movie
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Transform, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Panorama Assist, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, Food, Party, Candle Light
- Additional Still Image Scene Modes Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst(Image priority / Speed priority), Flash Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial, Photo Frame
- Movie Scene Mode Portrait, Transform, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Low Light, Food, Party, Candle Light, Sunset, Beach, Snow, Aerial, High Sensitivity
- Shutter Interval approx. 0.3 sec
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
- Image Quality Fine / Standard (3D mode: MPO Fine / MPO Standard)
- Motion Picture Recording 4:3 VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG)QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Picture Recording HD Movie 1920x1080 pixels, 60i (Sensor output is 30p)(FSH:17Mbps/AVCHD)1280x 720 pixels, 60p (Sensor output is 30p) (SH:17Mbps/ AVCHD )1280x 720 pixels, 30fps (QuickTime MotionJPEG)
- Intelligent Exposure Photo & Movie
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Scene Mode Help Screen No
- LCD Monitor 3.5" TFT Full Touch Screen LCD Display (230K dots), ARField of View : approx. 100%Power LCD mode, AUTO Power LCD mode, High Angle mode
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, 3D, Category, Favorites), Album Playback, Dual Image Playback, Calendar Playback
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Interface mini HDMI, AV Output (NTSC), USB2.0 High speed
- Viera Link Yes
- Built-in-Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off0.6 - 5.9m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 2.5m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 HD Lite EditionQuickTimeAdobe ReaderSuper LoiLoScope ( trial version)
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack,Stylus Pen, AV Cable, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 3.7 frames/sec Max.7 imagesHigh-speed Burst Mode: approx. 6 frames/sec (image priority)approx. 10 frames/sec (speed priority)(recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1)
- Focus Icon Select Yes (in Face Recognition only)
- Optical Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Macro Zoom Yes
- Orientation Detector Yes
- Slideshow Mode All / Picture Only / Video Only / 3D / Album / Category / FavoritesBGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Show Histogram Yes
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- Cut Animation Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- AVCHD / AVCHD Lite REC NTSC
- One-Touch Movie Button Yes
- Movie REC Guide Yes
- Wind-Cut in Motion Picture Yes
- Intelligent ISO Control Photo
- Face Recognition Photo
- Intelligent Scene Selector Photo (Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, Sunset, Macro)Movie (Portrait, Scenery, Low Light, Macro)
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3)3D Image: MPOMotion picture: AVCHD, QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, Normal Picture, 3D Photo, SCN, Cosmetic, My Color
- Still Picture Recording 4:3 4000x3000(12M) / 3264x2448(8M EZ) / 2560X1920(5M EZ) / 2048X1536(3M EZ) / 1600x1200(2M EZ) / 640x480(0.3M EZ)
- Still Picture Recording 3:2 4000x2672 (10.5M) / 3264x2176 (7M EZ) / 2560x1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / 640x424(0.3M EZ)
- Still Picture Recording 16:9 4000x2248 (9M) / 3264x1840 (6M EZ)/ 2560x1440(3.5M EZ) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / 640x360 (0.2M)
- Still Picture Recording 1:1 2992x2992(9M) / 2448x2448(6M EZ) / 1920x1920(3.5M EZ)/ 1536x1536(2.5M EZ) / 480x480(0.2M EZ)
- Color Mode / Color Effect My Color Mode (Expressive /Retro / Pure / Monochrome / High Dynamic / Silhouette / Pin Hole / Film Grain), Color Mode (Standard / Vivid / Natural / Black & White / Sepia / Cool / Warm), Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / Yes / Yes
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Photo
- Easy Zoom / Zoom Resume No / No
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes / Touch Magnification
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / Yes
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Travel Date / World Time Yes / Yes
- Built-in-Memory approx. 70MB
PowerLi-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, Minimum: 680mAh) (Included)AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC) (Optional)
- Battery life (approx.) 200 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Touch Panel Yes
- AF Tracking Photo & Movie
- Intelligent Resolution Technology Photo & Movie
- Video Divide Yes
- Motion Deblur mode Yes
- HDMI output Yes(AUTO)
- Optical Image Stabilizer Photo / Movie
- Playback Motion Picture Yes (AVCHD / Motion JPEG)
- LUMIX Image Uploader Yes
- Recommended Humidity 40%RH to 60%RH
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 3.93" x 2.17" x 0.81"
- Weight Approx. 126g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.28 lb)Approx. 142g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.32 lb)
- AVCHD with picture quality approx. 60 min (FSH), 65 min (SH)
- MOTION JPEG with picture quality approx. 75 min
- Optical Image Stabilizer. MEGA O.I.S. (Off /On / Active Mode(only for motion picture))
How do I reset the folder and picture number?
Go into the "Setup" menu and scroll until you reach "Rec. Reset" or "No. Reset" and follow the reset procedure there.
How do I reset my digital Camera ?
* To reset your camera, first make sure your camera is not in the iA mode.
- Press the [Menu/Set] button to bring up the Menu screen
- Highlight the "Setup" icon
- Press [Menu/Set]
- Scroll through the "Setup" pages until you highlight "Reset"
- Press [Menu/Set] again follow the screen prompt to highlight "Yes"
- Press [Menu/Set]
Note: Some cameras will have a second prompt (do the same) until you have returned to the "Setup" page.
You have now reset the camera.
How do I remove or insert my SD Card and battery in my compact camera?
To learn how to do this, Click Here
How do I know when my Digital Still Camera battery is fully charged?
When a battery is inserted into a Panasonic charger a green steady light will appear. When the green light goes out, the battery is completely charged, and ready to use in the camera. A blinking GREEN LED indicates a charging problem. The battery can be "shorted", though more often it is caused by a battery that is too hot or too cold. The battery should be allowed to come to room temperature before charging. Also, if the battery is 100% discharged, the blinking condition will subside after the battery has been on the charger for 10-15 minutes. If the condition persists, the battery should be replaced.
How do I install the software?
You can install the software that came with your camera in the same fashion as any other software you may have used on your PC. There are no special procedures unique to this software.
How do I insert/remove the SD card or battery?
The SD Card slot and battery compartment are located next to each other. They can generally be found on the bottom or side of the camera behind the door labeled "Memory card/battery". If you need more assistance please click here for Help & Tutorials.
How do I format my SD Card in my camera?
For assistance on how to format your SD Card please Click Here.
How do I download photos from my camera's built in memory?
To download photos from the internal memory simply remove the SD card if you have one inserted in your camera before you connect the USB cable to your computer.
How do I download a copy of the software that came with my camera, I lost mine?
The software cannot be downloaded. Please contact our parts department who can supply a copy after proof of purchase is provided. There is a small charge for shipping.
How do I correct "system error zoom"?
This error message indicates an internal problem and would require service. Click Here.
How do I convert AVCHD into an MPEG2 file?
To begin the process open "PhotoFunStudio" program.
- When the program is opened click on the button to display videos only.
- Click on the edit movie icon.
- From the drop down list select "Convert MPEG2".
- Click on the AVCHD thumbnails you wish to convert. The selected thumbnails will be highlighted in blue and have a checkmark in the box at the upper left.
- When you have selected all the thumbnails for conversion click the "Next" button.
- Click on the "Execute" button to begin conversion.
- Click "Yes" to continue.
- Please wait while the files are being converted.
- Once done click "OK" to continue.
- Click "Close".
- Now click "Yes" to exit the wizard.
- The converted videos will now have an MPEG2 icon in the lower right corner.
How do I change the picture size in my camera?
To change the file size of your picture please follow these instructions.
- Turn the camera on.
- Put the camera into the "REC" mode.
- Press the "Menu/Set" button to access the menu.
- Highlight "Picture Size" and press the "Right" button.
- Select the file size you wish by highlighting it and press the "Menu/Set" button.
- Press "Menu/Set" again to exit the menus.
How do I attach the strap to the camera body?
Put the small string through the metal bar and loop the rest of the camera strap through the small string.
How can you delete a picture you've just taken during Auto Review?
Press, "Playback" to bring up image, then press "Trash Can" to delete.
How can videos and pictures be transferred to my PC without using the supplied software?
Connect the camcorder to the PC via USB cable. After camcorder and PC are connected, drag and drop the files to the specified folder.
Note: The files that are drag and drop cannot be edited, burn or playback using the supplied software.
It is recommended to use the supplied software to transfer the pictures and videos to the PC.
How can the error message "Check card" be resolved when inserting SD card.
Confirm the SD card is not in "LOCK" position.
Check if the SD works in the PC. If yes, format the SD card using the PC and reinsert the SD card.
If the issue persists try to use a different SD card. If the issue remains on all of the SD cards the camcorder needs servicing. Click the link below and submit a new repair request: http://shop.panasonic.com/ecom/onlineRepair/login
How can I take better pictures with my camera?
Taking better pictures comes with practice and an understanding your camera. You must learn which settings are best for various types of photos, but eventually you will see that you are taking better photos and enjoying your new camera more and more.
How can I stop the "This Battery Cannot be Used" message?
This message appears when a non-Panasonic battery is used. If the battery is a genuine Panasonic battery, then it should be replaced.
How can I resize my photos in PhotoFunStudio?
To resize your photos, perform the following steps.
- Open "PhotFunStudio" program.
- After program opens click on the "Edit" icon at the top.
- Select "Resize" in the drop down menu.
- Click on select all. That will place a check mark in all boxes.
- Click on the "Next" button.
- Use the "Up/Down" arrows to the left in the to "Expansion/Reduction ratio" section to adjust how much you want to enlarge or reduce the picture(s).
- Click on the "Execute" button to continue.
- Click on the "Yes" button to begin the resize.
- Please wait for the process to complete.
- Click the "OK" button to continue.
How can I register for the warranty of my product?
You may register your products online by clicking here. It is not necessary to submit this form in order to effectuate the limited warranty. As long as there is a copy of the receipt, your product warranty begins from the date of purchase.
How can I maximize my SD Card?
The maximum amount of space will be achieved when all previous photos have been deleted. The actual number of photos your card can hold will vary depending on the size, resolution and content of the photos.
How can I download video to a MAC?
Connect to your Mac with the USB cable and import with iMovie 11.
How can I copy photos to my PC?
To copy photos to your PC, perform the following steps.
- Launch the "PhotoFunStudio" program.
- After the program has opened click on the "Copy to PC" icon.
- Click on the icon of the connected device.
- Please wait while photos are imported.
- The pictures showing will be imported when you click "Next".
- Choose the save destination by clicking on the "Browse save destination folders" then click on the "Execute" button.
- Click "Yes" to continue.
- The images will be copied to the destination folder on your computer.
- When transfer is complete click on the "OK" button.
- Click on the "Close" button to exit the "Copy to PC" wizard.
- Confirm you want to exit by pressing "Yes".
How can I check the status of my camera repair?
You can check the repair status of your camera by clicking on the link below and entering your email address and password. Click Here or contacting our Call Center at 1-800-211-7262.
How am I able to correct the error message that my laptop does not find the new equipment whenever I connect my Camcorder to the laptop?
Make sure that you are using the supplied USB that comes with the Camcorder. Then, attempt to connect the camcorder to a different USB port. Also, you may try to connect to a different PC to determine whether the issue is with the PC or camcorder.
English is not my native language and I've noticed that Panasonic's cameras sold in the U.S. only support English and Spanish. How can other languages be added?
Unfortunately, they can't. The languages are embedded into the microprocessor, and selected for each regional version of our cameras. A note of warning - do not attempt to load firmware intended for another region into your camera. It will not change the available languages and it may seriously damage your camera. Such damage is not covered under the product warranty.
Does this camera us SDXC memory cards?
Yes, it can use standard SD cards, SDHC cards, and SDXC cards.
Do you supply software for Mac OS10?
We regret to inform you that Apple support is not provided with this product.
Do I need to install firmware updates for my camera that are posted on the Panasonic website?
Firmware updates are usually not mandatory. They are released to correct minor issues that were discovered after the product was released. We suggest you read the description of what changes the new firmware makes. If you are experiencing that condition, you may wish to install the update.
Do I get software with my camera?
PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.0 LE (Windows XP/Vista/7). This software allows you to copy still pictures or motion pictures to a computer and sort the copied pictures by their recording date and time, model name of the digital camera used, or other attributes. You can write pictures to a DVD, create a Slide Show using your preferred music or effects and so on before saving it to a DVD.
Can you text stamp latitude and longitude GPS information on my photos?
You will only see location, city, landmarks, etc. However, the latitude/longitude information can be seen in the EXIF data.
Can you connect this camera to my TV?
Yes, with the supplied cable.
Can this camera take video?
Yes. This unit can record motion pictures in either AVCHD or MP4 formats.
Can the camera's menu be shown in any other language?
Cameras sold for the US market generally support English and Spanish. Portugese is also now supported in some 2012 models.
Can I use a class 10 SDHC card with this camera?
Yes, you can.
Can I retrieve video that I deleted from my SD card?
There are third party software products on the market for SD Card recovery.
Can I record in PAL?
No, NTSC only.
Can additional languages be added to the camera?
The camera is unable to add additional languages.
Are there firmware updates available for my camera?
If the "Drivers & Downloads" tab is visible, then there are updates available for your camera.
Firmware updates are occasionally released to correct minor problems that may have been discovered after the camera was released. Not all cameras may experience the issue that was responsible for the firmware update. Review what the firmware changes and see if you are experiencing the problem that the new version corrects. If so, install it - If not, no need.
Are cameras sold in the U.S. covered by an International Warranty?
Generally, no. Some cameras sold abroad are sold with an international warranty. In order for the warranty to be valid, the proof of purchase must show that the camera was purchased in a country that offers products with international warranties. "Gray Goods", foreign versions purchased in the U.S. would generally not have a valid U.S. warranty, and in some cases even obtaining an out of warranty repair could be a problem when parts are not available.
When I print a photo, it never looks exactly like it did on my PC. What should I do?
Your PC's monitor and video card need to be calibrated in order for it to display an image that looks similar to the print. This condition is not a camera malfunction. System color calibration is generally used by advanced and professional photographers and requires software and hardware that can cost several hundred dollars.
What size SD Card can I use in my Camera?
Cameras with a manufacturing date of 2006 or before can use Standard Sd Cards ( 2GB Max ) only. Models manufactured from 2007 thru 2009 can use Standard SD Cards and SDHC Cards ( Max 32GB ) Cameras Manufactured 2010 and later can use all SD Cards up to and including SDXC cards (64GBMax ).There is no firmware update that willincrease the maximum size of the SD Card for allowable usage.
What should I do if my camera won't turn on?
First, ensure that the batter is fully charged, keeping in mind that the charge indicator light turns off after charging is complete (approximately 90 minutes). A depleted battery will usually cause the camera to power on, and then quickly off. If your battery is more than a year old, it may need to be replaced. A new battery can be purchased from the Panasonic National Parts Center by calling 800-833-9626 or visiting www.Panasonic.com/parts
What is O.I.S?
O.I.S (Optical Image Stabilizer) helps to reduce the effects of shake during the recording while walking, or holding the unit and recording the subject while using zoom.
What is AVCHD?
AVCHD stands for Advanced Video Coding High Definition. AVCHD is the format for recording and playback of High Definition Videos.
What does the letter at the end model number mean?
The letter denotes the color of camera.
"A" = Blue camera
"B" = Blue camera
"D" = Orange camera
"G" = Green camera
"H" = Gray camera
"K" = Black camera
"P" = Pink camera
"R" = Red camera
"S" = Silver camera
"T" = Brown camera
"V" = Violet camera
"W" = White camera
"Y" = Yellow camera
- There are vertical/horizontal lines in my LCD screen. What do I do?
- The LCD screen on my camera is blank. What do I do?
- My lens cover won't open or close. What do I do?
My LCD screen is cracked. Can it be repaired or replaced?
Yes the LCD screen can be repaired, but accidental damage is not covered under warranty so there will be a charge. To get more help and information please click here.
My camera's lens won't extend or retract. What do I do?
Remove the battery and replace it. If this does not correct the issue then the camera will need to be serviced. Please click here for more assistance.Click Here.
My camera won't turn on because i dropped it. How can i get it fixed?
For assistance on this issue please click here.
My camera won't power on. What can I do?
If you have a second battery, try it to see if you can power on the camera. If you don't have an extra battery and you're sure the battery you have is fully charged then the camera may need to be serviced. Click Here.
Is there any software for the Mac OS that will work with the camera or camcorder?
Yes, iMovie and iPhoto can be used to import the video and pictures.
Is there any benefit to buying "ultra fast" SD / SDHC cards?
For basic digital still photography, any speed card should work just fine. If you shoot a lot in "auto bracket" or "burst" mode, a faster card will allow you to shoot more images while decreasing the time the camera may pause to allow images to be written to the card. For motion HD video, faster cards (Class 6) are required due to the amount of data that is being transferred in real time.
Is PHOTOfunSTUDIO compatible with Mac?
No, PHOTOfunSTUDIO is not compatible with Mac.
In some situations, I find that iA mode does not produce as good a quality as using "P" mode and making some manual adjustments. Why is that?
iA mode will attempt to select the best Scene Mode for each photo. It does so by evaluating the photo and comparing certain key points against a list of typical conditions. As with any "auto" operation, variations and exceptions will occur where auto modes will not produce the best results.
I'm using the iA mode on my Panasonic camera. Sometimes the photos aren't coming out as good as I feel they should. What should I do?
iA (Intelligent Auto) modes are created to improve specific shooting conditions assuming certain conditions exist. It's possible that one scene can be similar to another and the scene mode would not provide the optimum results. In such cases, we suggest using the "P" Program mode. Digital photography allows the customer to see the end product immediately, without the cost of film processing and printing.
I'm traveling overseas and need to know if I need a voltage converter?
The charger that is provided with your camera will work with global AC power, from 90 - 240 VAC; no "power transformer" is required. You will however require a mechanical adapter plug to convert the two pronged plug used in the U.S. to the power connection type used in the countries you will be visiting.
If a SDHC, SDXC Memory Card is used for continuous video recording, will it stop recording when it reaches 4GB?
In AVCHD video recording, the file will be divided, but it will not stop recording video. However, in MP4 video recording, recording will stop when 4GB is reached.
I'd like to know if the lens on my Lumix Panasonic camera is plastic or glass?
Panasonic has never made any digital still cameras with plastic lens elements. On some models, the other lens case parts may be plastic, but the optics are high quality glass lens optics.
I was looking for a new SD card for my Lumix and found some that are Wi-Fi enabled ("Eye Fi" brand and similar). Are these compatible with this particular camera?
Panasonic does not specifically set up our cameras to work with this type of SD Card. The best thing to do is check the website of the manufacturer of the card. They usually list all the cameras that their card works with.
I saw a notice on Panasonic's web site that a firmware update was available for my camera. What is a "firmware update" and is it important that I install it?
Panasonic may occasionally add a new feature to the camera, or if we discover a minor problem after the camera started selling Panasonic may issue new firmware to make the necessary changes. Any new firmware release includes a description of the changes it makes. If you are having the problem it corrects, or if you want to add the new feature, follow the instructions and install the update. You should always begin the firmware update usong a fully charged battery.
I purchased a third party battery for my Panasonic Lumix camera and have discovered it doesn't work. Why is that?
Panasonic's digital still cameras include safety technology that can authenticate a genuine Panasonic battery. Compare to older type nickel cadmium batteries, today's Lithium-Ion batteries can store substantially more power. With this increase, additional safety measures must be included to guard against over charging or short circuits that could cause damage to the camera or even personal injury. Many after market batteries do not include these safety features. Panasonic's design places the customer's safety first.
I need to download PHOTOfunSTUDIO.
PhotofunStudio cannot be downloaded from the Panasonic web site. If you own a Panasonic camera, please contact our parts department. You will need to provide a copy of your proof of purchase. There is no charge for the software, but there is a minimal charge for the shipping and handling.
I need drivers for a Mac.
There are no drivers required for either Mac or PC.
I need a RAW driver.
RAW files require more than a driver to view the files. RAW files can be read using photo editing programs such as Adobe's Photoshop or Aperture. These companies also release software updates to allow their programs to read each manufacturers newest camera's RAW files. Panasonic's G series cameras also come with Silky Pix, a simplified program that allows the user to open and adjust RAW files.
I just purchased an SDXC card (48 GB or 64GB). When I connect my camera to my computer running the MAC OS it's unable to read the card. Is there an update available?
At this time Apple (MAC) does not recognize or support SDXC media. We anticipate that Apple may already be working on a software solution. Please contact Apple for additional information.
I formatted my SD Card on my computer and now my camera is saving my pictures to the internal memory.
The newly formatted SD Card is not being recognized by the camera. The SD Card should be formatted in the camera to make sure the format structure is recognized by the camera. Also, make sure the card is not locked.
I deleted some photos from my SD card using my PC. Now, I'm unable to view the remaining photos on my camera. What should I do?
It is not recommended that you delete or modify any photos on your SD memory card using your PC. Doing so can damage the file allocation table and your camera will not be able to read the files. You should immediately copy the remaining photos from your SD card to your PC. After doing so, using your camera, reformat the SD card.
I cannot seem to figure out why the flash goes off twice when shutter button pressed to take pictures.
This occurs once red-eye reduction flash option selected. The subject should remain still until second flash triggered.
I can not see the RAW files on my computer.
Your computer cannot view RAW files by itself. RAW files require using photo editing programs such as Adobe's Photoshop or Aperture. These companies also release software updates to allow their programs to read each manufacturers newest camera's RAW files. Panasonic's G series cameras also come with Silky Pix, a simplified program that allows the user to open and adjust RAW files.
How would using a third party battery effect my cameras warranty?
For safety reasons Panasonic recommends using only a genuine Panasonic battery. Using another battery would not have any direct effect. If an after market battery malfunctions, or causes any damage to the camera, such damage would not be covered under the standard warranty.
How do I update the software that came with my camera?
The software you received with this camera does not have an update.
How do I update the PHOTOfunSTUDIO software that came with my camera?
If you have the original software, PHOTOfunSTUDIO x.x or PHOTOfunSTUDIO x.x HD, that came with this camera you can update to the latest version by clicking here, scrolling down to the PHOTOfunSTUDIO section, and selecting your version.
How do I turn off the "Flash" function?
On most models, press the button just above "menu". It is labeled with a "lightening bolt". Pressing it will offer several options related to the flash operation.
How do I transfer video from my camera to my PC?
Here is how to transfer video to your PC.
- The power on both the camera and PC should be on. Connect the camera to the PC with a USB cable.
- Open the PhotoFunStudio program.
- Click on the "Copy to PC" icon.
- Click on the Icon representing your camera.
- Click the "Next" button.
- A check mark will appear in the corner box of all thumbnails selected for transfer.
- Click "Next".
- The next screen will allow you to choose the destination folder.
- Click "Execute" to move on.
- Click "Yes" to verify.
- The video is now being transferred.
- When the video has completed its transfer click "Close".
- Click "Yes" to verify.
- If you wish to play a video double click it.
How do I take pictures using the aperture priority mode?
To learn how to do this, Click Here
How do I resolve the error message "turn off and turn back on"?
There appears to be a problem with the internal components of the unit. The camcorder needs to be serviced. Click the link below and submit a new repair request.
How do I resolve a "Lens Err" error message?
There appears to be something wrong with the internal components of the unit. Try resetting the camcorder. To reset the camcorder, go to the Menu screen and select "Setup". Next select "Initial Set". If the issue persists, the camcorder needs to be serviced. Click the link below and submit a new repair request:
Why do I have spots on some of my photos?
Spots can occur due to dust or dirt inside the lens, or when flash is used in a very dusty environment.
Why do I get a message saying my camera will not read the Sd card?
In such cases, first, try formatting the card using the camera. We do not recommend using your PC to format the card. If the problem persists, try using another SD card.
Why can't I upload my photos to my email service?
You may need to reduce the size of the photos in order to be able to send them through email. Check with your email provider to see what the limitations might be.
Why aren't my file numbers recorded consecutivly?
When you perform an operation after taking a certain action, the pictures may be recorded in folders with different numbers from the ones prior to operation.
Why am I unable to see the videos that were transfered from the product to the PC?
When transferring videos to the PC use the editing software that is provided with the product (HD Writer LE2.0).
Also, when transferring videos confirm your destination folder.
Why am I unable to read the PDF operating instructions for HD Writer AE 4.1?
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or later, or Adobe Reader 7.0 or later installed on your PC.
Which battery and/or charger is compatible to my camera?
The compatible battery is the DMW-BCK7PP and the charger for it is the DE-A91B.
Where can I order parts for my product?
You can order parts and accessories for your machine from our Parts & Accessories Department at 1-800-833-9626.
Where can I find the serial number to the camera?
The serial number can be found on the bottom of the camera usually on a black metalic sticker. In the lower right hand corner is a small silver box with the serial number in it.
Where can I find the firmware for my device?
Click here and enter your model number into the Get Support Now search box. Once your model appears, click on the "Support" link under the picture of your model. This will bring you to the Support Page for your model. If there are any firmware updates available for your model, they will be located under the Drivers & Downloads tab. If there is no Drivers & Downloads tab, your device's firmware is up to date.
Where are Panasonic cameras made?
Panasonic designs its cameras in Japan. The cameras are then manufactured at Panasonic's manufacturing facilities in both Japan and China.
When I'm trying to photograph indoor sporting events, the photos are out of focus, or dark. Selecting Sports mode does not seem to help. What should I do?
Sports mode forces the camera to use a fast shutter speed. In order for it to work correctly the scene must be very bright, usually not attainable indoors. The flash on the camera cannot illuminate an area such as a school gym. Typically, it can only illuminate an area about 8 feet away from the camera.
The soft focus is action motion blur, caused by insufficient lighting, the camera will select a slower shutter speed.
When I shake my camera with the power turned off, I hear a something inside the camera rattling - what is this?
There is no problem, this is normal. The camera's Optical Image Stabilization system uses an internal lens element that is suspended by two magnetic coils. Once the power is turned on the lens is fixed in place and the noise is not heard. The camera does not require any service.