10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
This item is currently not available.
- Ultra Thin Compact Design
- Intelligent Auto Mode with Face Detection: Helps prevent shooting errors.
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
Firmware & Drivers
FIRMWARE Download Instructions
- Version: 1.1
Improvement of battery detection for safety standards Panasonic uses.
(After this firmware update your Panasonic Digital Camera cannot be operated by unauthorised 3rd party batteries.)
- Release Date: 6-15-2009
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Camera Type Compact
IntelligentAutoModeIntelligent ISO Control (detects subject movement)Face Detection AF/AE (detects faces in the frame)Intelligent Scene Selector (detects scene conditions)
Effective Pixels10.1 Megapixels
- Aperture F2.8 - 5.9 / 2-Step (F2.8 - 8 (W) / F5.9 - 16 (T))
- Image Sensor Size 1/2.5-inch
- Extra Optical Zoom 5.7x (4:3 / 5M), 7.1x (under 3M)
Focal Lengthf=5.5-22.0mm (33-132mm in 35mm equiv.)
- Lens LUMIX DC VARIO6 elements in 5 groups(3 Aspherical Lenses / 4 Aspherical surfaces)
Digital Zoom4x( Max. 16.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom )(Max.28.4x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50cm - infinityMacro / Intelligent Scene Mode : Wide 5cm / Tele 50cm - infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES .
- Conversion Lens Compatibility No
- Focus Range Display Yes
- AF Metering Face / Multi (9pt) / 1pt
- Focus Normal / Macro, Quick AF (Always On)
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1000High Sensitivity (ISO 1600-6400)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self-Portrait, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Pinhole modes) White Balance Adjustment (±10steps, except for auto set)
Exposure Program AE
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (at auto mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) No
- Dedicated Button/Mode Switch [Recording] / [Playback]
- Shooting Mode (Mode Dial)/Rec. Mode No
- Scene Modes Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-Portrait, Food, Party, Candle Light, Fireworks, Starry Sky, Beach, Aerial Photo, Snow, High Sensitivity, Baby1&2, Sunset, Pet, Hi-Speed Burst, Multi Aspect
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System 8 - 1/2,000 sec.Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec.
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Zoom, Hold
- Review No
- Picture Adjustment No
- Color Effect Mode No
- Color Mode Standard, Natural, Vivid, Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm
- Recording Format Still Image: JPEG (DCF / Exif2.21)Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 3648 x 2736 (10M) / 3072 x 2304 (7M EZ) / 2560 x 1920 (5M EZ) / 2048 x 1536 (3M EZ) / 1600 x 1200 (2M EZ) / 640 x 480 (0.3M EZ)
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 3648 x 2432 (9M) / 3072 x 2048 (6M EZ) / 2560 x 1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048 x 1360 (2.5M EZ)
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 3648 x 2056 (7.5M) / 3072 x 1728 (5.5M EZ) / 2560 x 1440 (3.5M EZ) / 1920 x 1080 (2M EZ)
- Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio) VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG) QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio) WVGA: 848 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Aspect Ratio 4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES .
Unlimited Consecutive Shooting1.7 frames/sec
- Intelligent Exposure No
- Digital Red Eye Correction No
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume/Motion Zoom No
- Still Image Recording with Audio No
- Audio Dubbing No
Composition Guide LinesYes (1 pattern)
- Built-in Memory approx. 50MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes/Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes
- STANDARD FEATURES .
- Built-in Flash Type/Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off0.3 - 6.3m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.5 - 3.0m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash No
- LCD Monitor 2.5" TFT LCD Display (230K dots) Field of View : approx. 100% AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Category Playback, Favorites Playback
- Additional Playback Mode Yes (Motion JPEG)
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Interface AV Output (NTSC) / USB2.0 Full speed, DC Input (requires optional DC Coupler)
- Viera Link No
- HDMI No
- Color Black
- Power ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 940mAh) (Included)AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC) (Optional)
Battery Life390 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- ACCESSORIES .
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO v3.0USB Driver, QuickTime
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Battery Case, AV Cable*, USB Connection Cable, AC Cable, Strap, CD-ROM, (*depends on region)
- Multi-Exposure No
- Multi-Aspect No
- Color Bracketing No
- Max Auto ISO Setting No
- Quick Menu Yes
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 2.3 frames/sec Max. 5 images-Standard, Max 3 images-Fine High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 6.0 frames/sec-Image approx. 10 frames/sec-Speed (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
- Focus Icon Select No
- Optical Zoom in Motion Picture No
- Macro Zoom No
- Orientation Detector No
- Easy Organization No
- Touch Zoom No
- Thumbnails/Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Max 16x
- Calendar Display/Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites/Rotate Image Yes/Yes
- Playback Still Images with Audio No
- Slideshow Mode All Still Images / Favorites / CategoryBGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Show Histogram No
- Show Highlights No
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- DPOF Print Setting/Set Production Yes / Yes
- Resize/Trim/Aspect Conv./Leveling Yes / No / No / No
- Cut Animation No
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- iA Direct Button No
- Mode Button Auto Scene Mode, Normal Picture, SCN, Motion Picture
- AVCHD / AVCHD Lite REC No
- One-Touch Movie Button No
- Water Proof No
- Dust Proof No
- Shock Proof No
- LED Illumination No
- Movie REC Guide No
- Wind-Cut in Motion Picture No
- CCD (Image Sensor) 1/2.5-inch / 10.35 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.18'' x 3.84'' x 0.88''
- Weight 0.25
- UPC 037988989836
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.