12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
- Stylish Design: Showcase your style and artistic sense
- Power O.I.S.: About twice as effective in compensating for blurring caused by low-frequency vibration
- Sonic-Speed AF: Lightning fast 0.3sec AF and 0.95sec quick startup for capturing scenes as they happen
- LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR Lens: 28mm wide-angle and 4.6x zoom
- Camera Type Stylish Compact
- KEY FEATURES .
IntelligentAutoModeIntelligent ISO Control, Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Selector (Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Macro)
Effective Pixels12.1 Mega Pixels
- Aperture F3.3 - 5.9 / 2-Step (F3.3 - 10 (W) / F5.9 - 18 (T))
- Image Sensor 1/2.33-inch / 12.7 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Image Sensor Size 1/2.33-inch
- Extra Optical Zoom 5.7x (4:3 / 8M), 7.3x (4:3 / 5M), 9.1x (under 3M)
Focal Lengthf=5.0-23.0mm (28-128mm in 35mm equiv.)
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR10 elements in 8 groups(5 Aspherical Lenses / 1 ED lens)
- 2-Speed Zoom No
Digital Zoom4x ( Max. 18.4 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom ) (Max.36.4x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
- Focusing Area Normal: 30cm - infinityMacro / Intelligent AUTO : Wide 5cm / Tele 30cm - infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES .
- Conversion Lens Compatibility No
- Focus Range Display Yes
- AF Metering Face / Touch AF/AE Tracking / Multi (11pt) / 1pt HS / 1pt / Spot
- Focus Normal / AF Macro, Zoom Macro
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityAuto /100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 (High Sensitivity Mode : Auto(1600 - 6400) )
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin, Transform, Self-Portrait, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, Highspeed Burst, Photo Frame mode)
Exposure Program AE
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (only in Intelligent AUTO mode)
Auto Bracketing( AE) +/- 1/3 EV ˜2EV step, 3 frames
- Dedicated Button/Mode Switch [Recording] / [Playback]
- Shooting Mode (Mode Dial)/Rec. Mode Intelligent AUTO, Normal Picture, MySCN, SCN, Motion Picture
- Scene Modes Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial Photo
ShutterSpeed/Shutter System 8-1/1300 secStarry Sky Mode : 15, 30, 60sec.
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Zoom, Hold
- Review No
- Color Effect Mode Yes
- Color Mode Standard, Natural, Vivid, Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm
- Recording Format Still Image: JPEG (DCF / Exif2.21)Image with Audio: JPEG (DCF / Exif2.21) + QuickTimeMotion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Quality Fine/Standard
RECORDING IMAGE SIZE (
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 3000(12M)/ 3264 x 2448 (8M EZ) / 2560 x 1920 (5M EZ) /2048 x 1536 (3M EZ) / 1600 x 1200 (2M EZ) / 640 x 480 (0.3M EZ)
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 2672(10.5M) / 3264 x 2176 (7M EZ) / 2560 x 1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048 x 1360 (2.5M EZ)
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio (Still Image) 4000 x 2248(9M) / 3264 x 1840 (6M EZ) / 2560 x 1440 (3.5M EZ) / 1920 x 1080 (2M EZ)
- Motion Image (4:3 Aspect Ratio) VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG) QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Image (16:9 Aspect Ratio) WVGA: 848 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
- Motion Image (HD Movie) 1280x720, 30fps (Motion JPEG)
- Aspect Ratio 4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES .
- Intelligent Exposure Yes (Photo & Movie)
- Digital Red Eye Correction Yes (Photo)
- Still Image Recording with Audio Yes
- Audio Dubbing Yes
Composition Guide LinesYes (2 patterns)
- Built-in Memory Approx. 40MB
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- Travel Date/World Time Yes/Yes
- Text Stamp/Date Stamp Yes/Yes
- STANDARD FEATURES .
- Built-in Flash Type/Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off0.3 - 5.5m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.3 - 3.1m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- External Flash No
- LCD Monitor 2.7" TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots)Field of View : approx. 100%AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode, High-Angle Mode
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Category Playback, Favorites Playback
- Additional Playback Mode Yes (Motion JPEG)
- WiFi Mode No
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Interface AV Output (NTSC), HD AV Output(component), USB2.0 High speed, DC Input
- HDMI No
- Color Black
- Power ID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, 940mAh) (Included)
Battery Life380 pictures (CIPA standard)
- ACCESSORIES .
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 4.0ArcSoft (MediaImpression / Panorama Maker)QuickTime
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Battery Case, AV Cable, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- SPECIFICATIONS .
- Multi-Aspect No
- Max Auto ISO Setting No
- Quick Menu Yes
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, 2.3 frames/sec Max. 5 images-Standard, Max 3 images-Fine High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 6.0 frames/sec-Image approx. 10 frames/sec-Speed (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
- Optical Zoom in Motion Picture No
- Macro Zoom Yes
- Orientation Detector Yes
- Easy Organization No
- Touch Zoom No
- Thumbnails/Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Max 16x
- Calendar Display/Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites/Rotate Image Yes / No
- Playback Still Images with Audio No
- Slideshow Mode All / Still Images Only / Motion Picture Only / Category / Favorites / BGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Show Histogram Yes
- Show Highlights No
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- DPOF Print Setting/Set Production Yes / Yes
- Resize/Trim/Aspect Conv./Leveling Yes / Yes / No / Yes
- Cut Animation No
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- iA Direct Button Yes
- Water Proof No
- Dust Proof No
- Shock Proof No
- Flash Burst Continuous Shooting Mode Max. 5 images (Standard mode)
- Easy Zoom/Zoom Resume No/No
- Weight(lbs) Approx. 0.29 lbApprox. 0.34 lb with Battery and SD Memory Card
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 2.35'' x 3.77'' x 0.80''
- Weight Approx. 0.29
- UPC 037988263592
Advanced Features Manuals
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.