12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera
This item is currently not available.
- 28mm Wide Lens with 4X Optical Zoom: Enjoy the benefits of a wide angle lens without giving up the performance of a zoom
- Digital Image Stabilizer: Enhanced technology to further prevent blurring caused by vibration
- Auto Scene Mode: Recognizes specific scene elements to capture the best photos
- How to Connect Digital Still Cameras to a Mac
- How to Import Pictures Using iPhoto Software
- How to Transfer Pictures to a PC using the Photo Gallery Software.
- Photo Fun Studio 5 - How to Convert from AVCHD to MPEG2
- Photo Fun Studio 5 - How to Copy Photos to PC
- Photo Fun Studio 5 - How to Resize Photos
- How to Install Panasonic Digital Camera Software
- KEY FEATURES
Effective Pixels12.1 Mega Pixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1/2.33-inch / 12.7 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F2.8 - F6.2
- Digital Image Stabilizer Yes
- Extra Optical Zoom 4.9x (4:3 / 8M), 6.3x (4:3 / 5M), 7.8x (under 3M)
Focal Lengthf=5.0-20.0mm (28-112mm in 35mm equiv.)
LUMIX DC VARIO6 elements in 5 groups
(3 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces)
( Max. 16.0 x combined with Optical Zoom without Extra Optical Zoom )
(Max. 31.2 x combined with Extra Optical Zoom)
Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 70 cm - infinity
Macro / Auto Scene Mode : Wide 20 cm - infinity / Tele 70cm - infinity
- PERFORMANCE FEATURES
- Focus Range Display Yes
- AF Metering Face / 9 pt/ 1pt
Still: approx. 8 - 1/1000 sec
Starry Sky Mode : 15, 30, 60sec.
- Focus Normal / Macro
AF Assist LampYes
ISO SensitivityI.ISO / 80 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600
High Sensitivity (ISO 1600-6400)
White BalanceAuto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Halogen / White Set (Selectable at Portrait, Soft Skin,Self-Portrait, Sports, Baby, Pet, High Sensitivity, and Highspeed Burst mode)
Exposure Program AE
Exposure Compensation1/3 EV Step, ± 2 EV
BacklightCompensation Yes (only in Auto Scene mode)
- Face Detection Photo
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Self-Portrait, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Flash Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial photo
Self Timer2sec / 10sec
- Auto Review 1sec, 2sec, Hold
- Aspect Ratio 4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9
- CONVENIENCE FEATURES
Unlimited Consecutive Shooting1.0 frames/sec
- Scene Mode Help Screen Yes
- STANDARD FEATURES
2.7" TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots)
Field of View : approx. 100%
AUTO Power LCD mode, Power LCD mode, High-Angle Mode
- Playback Mode Normal Playback, Slideshow, Favorites Playback
- Additional Playback Mode Yes (Motion JPEG)
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Interface AV Output (NTSC), USB2.0 Full-speed, DC Input (requires optional DC Coupler)
- Color Black
Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced Off
0.3 - 7.1m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.7 - 3.0m (Tele/ISO Auto)
PHOTOfunSTUDIO 5.0 Edition
Battery Charger, Battery Pack, Battery Case
AV cable, USB Cable
Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- Quick Menu Yes
- Continuous Shooting Mode High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 6 frames/sec (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9)
- Set Favorites/Rotate Image Yes/Yes
All Still Images / Favorites
BGM Effect (Natural / Slow / Swing / Urban / OFF)
- Delete Image Single / Multi / All / All except Favorites
- DPOF Print Setting/Set Production Yes / Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- Flash Burst Continuous Shooting Mode Max. 5 images (Standard mode)
- Intelligent ISO Control Photo
- Intelligent Scene Selector Photo (Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Macro)
Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.21)
Motion picture: QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Mode Dial / Mode Button AUTO SCN, Normal Picture, SCN, Motion Picture
Motion Picture Recording
4:3 VGA: 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG)
4:3 QVGA: 320 x 240 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
16:9 WVGA: 848 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (Motion JPEG)
HD Movie 1280x720 pixels, 30fps (Motion JPEG)
Still Picture Recording
4:3 4000x3000(12M) / 3264x2448(8M EZ) / 2560x1920(5M EZ)/ 2048x1536(3M EZ) / 640X480(0.3M EZ)
3:2 4000 x 2672 (10.5M)
16:9 4000 x 2248 (9M)
- Color Mode / Color Effect Standard, Vivid, Natural, Black & White, Sepia, Cool, Warm
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / No / Yes (only Baby, Pet, Travel)
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Photo
- Mode Switch [Recording] / [Playback]
- Composition Guide line Yes (1 pattern)
- Easy Zoom / Zoom Resume No / No
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Max 16x
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / Yes
- Resize / Trim / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / No / No / No
- Travel Date / World Time Yes / Yes
- Built-in-Memory Approx. 40MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Yes
PowerID-Security Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, Minimum: 740mAh) (Included)
AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC) (Optional)
- Battery life (approx.) 220 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
Dimensions (W x H x D)
95.9 x 53.9 x 22.0 mm / excl. protrusions: 20.5 mm
(3.78 x 2.12 x 0.86 in / excl. protrusions: 0.81 in)
Approx. .29 lb with Battery and SD Memory Card
Approx. .24 lb without Battery and SD Memory Card
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.