Panasonic LUMIX Communication Camera CM1
- Shoot creatively with legendary Leica Lens optics and control ring
- Capture images in low light with pro-size 1-in. 20MP MOS sensor
- Never miss the shot with 15fps 4K Video to 4K Photo play, select, pause and save
- Connect via Bluetooth®, WiFi, NFC and cellular* for the ultimate in mobility
- Android™ 4.4 KitKat®/Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 801 2.3GHz (Quad-Core)/LTE **
- Easily view, shoot and retouch images with 4.7-in. Full-HD LCD
*The DMC-CM1 is an unlocked GSM device. Consult your mobile wireless carrier service plans and network compatibly prior to purchasing.
**Android Platform Apps may be subject to mobile network download and data charges, consult carrier plan for details. Android 5.0 available as of June 2015.
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
Firmware & Drivers
- Version: 12.0300
1.Applied the patches on the vulnerabilities in the Android's core component called Stagefright.
2. Removed the following Apps.
You can download these applications from Play Store after this software update.
In addition, if you have updated these applications on the Play Store, the applications will not be removed when you update.
3. Performance and functional improvements and bug fixes.
- Release Date: 2-15-2016
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
- Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 135.4 x 68.0 x 21.1 (Body 15.2) mm (5.33 x 2.68 x 0.83 (0.60) inch)
- Weight Approx. 203 g without UIM Card and microSD Memory Card (0.45 lb)
- Approx. 204 g with UIM Card and microSD Memory Card (0.45 lb)
- IMAGE SENSOR
- Camera Effective Pixels 20.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor / Total Pixel Number 20.9 Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F2.8 - 11 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm
- Optical Zoom 1x (Fixed focal length)
- Focal Length f = 10.2mm
- (31mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3)
- (28mm in 35mm equiv. in 3:2)
- (30mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9)
- (36mm in 35mm equiv. in 1:1)
- (43mm in 35mm equiv. in 4K video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) Picture Quality M: Max. 1.32x (4:3 / 3:2 / 1:1), Max. 1.41x (16:9)
- Picture Quality S: Max. 2.0x
- Picture Quality XS: Max. 2.83x (3:2 / 16:9), Max. 4x (4:3 / 1:1)
- Intelligent Zoom 2x
- Lens LEICA DC ELMARIT
- 6 elements in 5 groups (3 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical Surfaces)
- Optical Image Stabilizer —
- Digital Zoom Max. 2x (When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Extra Optical Zoom or Intelligent Zoom, the total zoom ratio is max. 4x.)
- Focusing Area 10 cm - infinity
- AF Assist Lamp Yes (On / Off)
- AF / MF
- AF Metering Face Detection / Tracking / 23-area / 1-area
- Shutter Type Mechanical Shutter / Auto (Mechanical Shutter + Eerectronic Shutter)
- Shutter Speed Still Image:
- Mechanical Shutter : Approx. 60 - 1/2,000 sec
- Auto : Approx. 60 - 1/16,000 sec
- Motion Picture:
- Approx. 1/30 - 1/16,000 sec
- Self Timer 2 sec / 10 sec
- RECORDING SYSTEM
- File Format Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) (*1) / RAW (*2)
- Motion Picture: MP4
- Image Quality RAW / RAW+Fine / Fine / Standard
- Recording Media microSD Memory Card, microSDHC Memory Card, microSDXC Memory Card
- Color Space sRGB, AdobeRGB
- Still Picture Recording 4:3 — 4864x3648 (18M) (L) / 3456x2592 (9M) (M) / 2432x1824 (4.5M) (S) / 640x480 (0.3M) (XS)
- 3:2 — 5472x3648 (20M) (L) / 3888x2592 (10M) (M) / 2736x1824 (5M) (S) / 1920x1280 (2.5M) (XS)
- 16:9 — 5472x3080 (17M) (L) / 3840x2160 (8M) (M) / 2560x1440 (3.5M) (S) / 1920x1080 (2M) (XS)
- 1:1 — 3648x3648 (13M) (L) / 2592x2592 (7M) (M) / 1824x1824 (3.5M) (S) / 640x640 (0.4M) (XS)
- Recording Mode Intelligent Auto, Intelligent Auto Plus, P, A, S, M, C1 (Custom), C2 (Custom), Scene Guide, Creative Control, Panorama Shot
- Photo Style Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait
- Picture Adjustment Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, Saturation*, Color Tone**
- * Except for Monochrome mode. ** For Monochrome mode only
- Filter (Creative Control) (Still Image) Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome,Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color (18 filters)
- Scene Guide (Still Image) Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Relaxing Tone / Sweet Child's Face / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Glistening Water / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Artistic Nightscape / Glittering Illuminations / Handheld Night Shot / Clear Night Portrait / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Clear Sports Shot / Monochrome (22 modes)
- Continuous Shooting Mode (Approx.) SH — 50 frames/sec (max. 5M, max. 23 images in JPEG) (*3)
- H — 10 frames/sec (max. 5 images in JPEG, max. 3 images in RAW+JPEG)
- M — 5 frames/sec (with Live View, max. 6 images in JPEG, max. 3 images in RAW+JPEG)
- L — 2 frames/sec (with Live View, max. 9 images in JPEG, max. 3 images in RAW+JPEG) (depending on memory card size, battery power, picture size, and compression)
- Motion Picture Recording (*4) 4k Video 3840 x 2160 pixels — 15p (4K: 50Mbps / MP4) (Sensor output is 30fps) (AAC)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels — 30p (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) (Sensor output is 30fps) (AAC)
- HD Video 1280 x 720 pixels — 30p (HD: 10Mbps / MP4) (Sensor output is 30fps) (AAC)
- STD Video 640 x 480 — 30p (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4) (Sensor output is 30fps) (AAC)
- STD Video 640 x 640 — 30p (1:1: 4Mbps / MP4) (Sensor output is 30fps) (AAC)
- EXPOSURE CONTROL
- Exposure Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, +/-3 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing 3 frames in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV step, Max. +/-1 EV
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- ISO Sensitivity Auto / i.ISO / 100 (Extended ISO) /125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200/ 6400 / 12800 / 25600 (Extended ISO) (Changeable to 1/3 EV step) (Motion picture recording: Auto)
- WHITE BALANCE
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set / Color Temperature (White Balance Adjustment)
- Flash (Included) Auto, Forced On, Always On, Forced Off
- 0.6 - 5.3m (ISO Auto)
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes (On / Off)
- Level Gauge Yes
- IMAGE SENSOR
- Camera Effective Pixels 1.07 Megapixels
- Picture Size 0.92 Megapixels
- File Format Still Image: JPEG (Exif2.2)
- Motion Picture: MP4
- OS Android™ 4.4(KitKat)
- CPU Qualcomm® SanpdragonTM 801 (MSM8974AB)
- Storage & Memory Storage 16GB (*5), Memory 2GB
- (Up to 128GB additional with optional microSDXC Card (*6))"
- SIM Size microSIM Class B / Class C
- Sensors Acceleromter, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Pressure, Luminance
- Baseband Supported Band 4G: 2, 4, 5, 7, 17
- 3G: I, II, IV, V, VIII
- 2G: GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900"
- NFC Yes
- Wi-Fi Yes
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- 2.4GHz (1-11ch)
- 5.2/5.3GHｚ (W52: 36, 40, 44, 48ch, W53: 52, 56, 60, 64ch)
- 5.6GHz (100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140ch)
- 5.8GHz (149, 153, 157, 161, 165ch)"
- Bluetooth Yes (Bluetooth® v4.0)
- GPS Yes (GPS, GLONASS)
- Type TFT LCD Monitor with Static Touch Control, 16.8M Colors
- Size 4.7", 16:9 aspect
- 1920 (W) x 1080 (H) RGB, 6,220k dots
- Multi touch Yes
- Microphone / Speaker Stereo / Mono
- microUSB USB 2.0 ( High Speed )
- Headphone Output φ3.5mm (3-pin / 4-pin)
- OSD Language Japanese, English (US/UK), German, French, Spanish, Swedish ,Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), Indonesian
- Battery Li-ion Battery Pack (3.8V, 2600mAh, 9.9Wh) (Built-in)
- AC Adaptor (Input: 110 - 240V AC)"
- Battery Life (Approx.) Still Image: 300 pictures (CIPA Standard) (*7)
- Motion Picture (*4): Continuous Recordable Time: 100 min (4K), 130 min (FHD)
- Actual Recordable Time: 70 min (4K), 90 min (FHD)
- Standby: 630 hours (3G), 560 hours (GSM)
- Talk: 12 hours (3G), 11 hours (GSM)
- Battery Charging Time (Approx.) 150 minutes (100% charge)
- Standard Accessories AC Adaptor (Quick Charge 2.0), Stereo Headset (EF model only)
- *1 Based on “Exif 2.2” standard when taking pictures in Panorama Shot Mode or when recording motion picture.
- *2 The software to process RAW file on PC is not bundled with DMC-CM1.
- To do this, SILKYPIX Developer Studio is available for download at Ichikawa Soft Laboratory's website using PC connected to the Internet.
- *3 SH use Electronic shutter automatically.
- *4 These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH.
- The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use.
- The actual recordable time is the time of recording possible with repeated start/stop of the camera function, and start/stop of recording
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 10" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K].
- (SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)
- (The SD speed class represents the level of performace of microSD cards.
- The SD speed class does not serve as a guarantee of performace for all operations.)
- The maximum continuous recordable time of a motion picture is 29 minutes and 59 seconds, which is equivalent to a file size of approximately 4 GB.
- Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] in [4K] is 1 minutes 50 seconds.
- Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] in [FHD] is 26 minutes 58 seconds.
- *5 Operation has been tested and confirmed using Panasonic SD Memory Card with a capacity of up to 2GB, Panasonic
- SDHC Memory Card with a capacity of up to 32GB, and Panasonic SDXC Memory Card with a capacity of up to 64GB.
- Operation on other SD equipment is not guaranteed.
- *6 Total usable memory will be less depending upon actual system configuration.
- *7 Recording conditions by CIPA standard
- - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF) / Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is ON.
- - Using a Panasonic microSDHC Memory Card
- - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera application is turned on.
- - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording.
- - The number of recordable pictures varies depending on the recording interval time.
- - If the recording interval time becomes longer, the number of recordable pictures decreases.
- - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association].
- UPC 885170229259
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?
In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LUMIXLOUNGE.COM This site features work from Panasonic’s Luminary team of professional photographers who have migrated to the Lumx mirrorless cameras. The site also features schedules to live on-line and dealer events as well as convenient links to our latest firmware updates. Additional features to expand the site are already in progress.
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: email@example.comPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.