WMA MP3 CD Player/Receiver with CD...
This item is currently not available.
Features WMA MP3 CD Player/Receiver with CD Changer Control
- AUDIO FEATURES: .
- Maximum Output Power 50W x 4
- Power Output (at 4¿ and ¿1% THD+N) 18W RMS x 4
MOS-FET Output StageNo
SRS CS AutomotiveNo
- SRS WOW No
- High & Low Pass Filters (crossover) No
SBC-SW (Super Bass Controlled Subwoofer)No
- Muting (M) / Attenuator (A) Yes
- Bass, Treble, Balance Fader Controls Yes
- Speaker Impedance 4-8 ohms
- Pre-Amp Outputs (Front/Rear/Subwoofer) Yes, dual outputs (4V/60 ohms)
- Subwoofer Output Level/Impedance 4V/60 ohms
- RADIO FEATURES: .
- Satellite Radio Ready Yes
- Ready for iPod® Yes
- Hands-Free Phone System Ready Yes, by using our CY-BT100U hands-free kit featuring Bluetooth® technology
- Expansion Module Ready Yes
- FM/AM Presets 18/6
- Auto Preset Memory with Scan Yes
- AM Usable Sensitivity (S/N 20dB) 27dB/µV (22µV)
- FM Usable Sensitivity (75 ohms, S/N 30dB) 10.2dBf (0.9µV)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity (75 ohms) 15.2dBf (1.6µV)
- S/N Ratio (FM mono) 62dB
- Stereo Separation (1kHz) 35dB
- Alternate Channel Selectivity 75dB
- CD FEATURES: .
- AAC*/MP3/WMA Playback Yes
- CD-R/CD-RW Playback Yes
- Frequency Response (±1dB) 20Hz - 20kHz
- S/N Ratio 96dB
- THD (1kHz) 0.01%
- Channel Separation (1kHz) 75dB
- CD CHANGER CONTROL: .
- Track/Disc Scan Yes
- Track/Disc Repeat Yes
- Search and Random Play Yes
- DISPLAY & OTHER FEATURES: .
- Color OEL Display No
- Variable Color Display No
High Definition 3D Dot Matrix DisplayNo
Large Rotary KnobYes
- Level Meter Yes
- Open Face CD Access Yes
- Removable Faceplate Yes
- Wireless Remote Control Yes
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 115/16"'' x 7"'' x 61/8"''
- UPC 037988757497
Owner's Manuals and Documentation
FAQsFrequently asked questions about your product
Where can I find more support or ask questions about my product?
Click Here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
Where can I find Firmware for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Firmware & Drivers" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Firmware & Drivers" is not listed in the floating menu, there are no firmware or driver updates available for your product.
Where can I find Warranty information for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Warranty" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.Note: If “Warranty" is not listed in the floating menu, warranty information is also available in the Owner’s Manual.
Where can I find the Owner’s Manual for my product?
1. Visit http://shop.panasonic.com/support 2. Enter your model number into the search box in the middle of the screen and click on the blue “Get Support" button. 3. Click on “Owner’s Manuals" in the floating menu on the left side of the screen.
What should I do if my product needs service?
If you have a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair : Click Here to locate an Authorized Servicer in your area.For repairs and exchanges of all other products:Ship your product to:Panasonic Factory Service Center4900 George McVay DriveSuite B; Door-12McAllen, TX 78503 Please include your name, address, telephone number, email address, copy of your purchase receipt (for warranty service), and a description of what is wrong with the unit. Freight collect shipments will not be accepted. Panasonic is not responsible for damage that occurs in transit. All contents should be packaged for safe travel to the service center. Customer should use a reputable small package shipping company that is able to provide a package tracking number and insurance (if customer should so desire to insure their package).Units that are abused, damaged, infested with insects, have corrosion, etc. will be placed out-of-warranty.Once your unit arrives at the facility, you may contact us for status at:Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease reference your Service Job number when contacting. You will be contacted if there is any cost you are responsible for.