1. Make sure the volume is up and MUTE is off.
2. Confirm the TV speakers are set to ON by pressing [MENU] on the TV's remote control and selecting AUDIO --> Advanced audio.
3. Check that the correct SAP (Secondary Audio Program) is selected by pressing the [SAP] button on the TV's remote control.
4. If the TV is connected to a Home Theater then check the connection, confirm that the audio system is on and the correct input is selected on the audio system.
To purchase accessories for your TV online, click here. You may also contact the parts department via phone by dialing 1-800-332-5368, Monday - Friday 9am-9pm EST.
For the dimensions of the TV, click here.
The channels need to be programmed into the TV. The channels can be programmed by pressing the [Menu] button to access the "Setup" menu and then choosing "ANT/Cable setup". Ensure that "Ant in" is displaying either "Cable" or "Ant", depending on your connection. Select "Auto program" and then "All channels". To view a step by step tutorial, click here.
This usually happens when a satellite or cable box is connected to the TV. In that instance, the channel should be changed with the remote control that was provided with the cable or satellite box.
Use the operating instructions that were provided with your universal remote control, cable or satellite box to locate the appropriate code and programming procedure. If further assistance is needed, either contact the manufacturer of the remote control, when using a universal remote, or your service provider, when using a remote control that was provided by your cable or satellite provider.
Your TV is set to "Store Demonstration" mode. To disable:
1. Press [MENU].
2. Select "Setup".
3. Scroll down and select "First time setup".
4. In step 3 of the "First time setup", select "Home Use".
To reset the TV to factory defaults:
1. Press [MENU].
2. Select "Setup".
3. Scroll down and select "Reset to defaults".
4. Enter your password (if created earlier) or create a temporary new password.
5. Select "Yes" to reset the TV.
All TV settings will be reverted to initial values and all customization settings will be cleared.
Note: You can repeat "First time setup" from the "Setup" menu. This will not affect any other TV settings (picture, sound, etc.).
Ensure that no object, such as a front speaker, is blocking the bottom front of the TV.
Check that the batteries are fresh, are of the same type and are installed with the correct polarity
(+ & -).
To operate other devices, such as changing channels when using Cable or Satellite boxes or operating non-Panasonic Blu-ray players, use the remote control supplied with the device.
The screen radiates normal heat and some of the parts may become warm. This is normal operation and does not affect the performance of the set.
- Ensure good ventilation.
- Do not block the ventilation holes of the TV and do not place the TV on top of other equipment.
When viewing TV via an HDMI connected device, such as a Cable or Satellite box, CC must be enabled. Contact your cable or satellite company for help activating the Closed Captioning in their box. Closed Caption is available only with supported TV programming.
Use an HDMI cable. It carries both digital video and audio signal in HD. An HDMI cable is the only cable needed to connect an HD device to the TV.
When TV power is turned on or shut off, there are electrical components that make a click sound. This is normal operation.
Changes in the temperature and humidity of the room may cause thermal expansion and contraction that can produce sounds. This is not a sign of faulty operation or a malfunction.
When using a cable service (without a box), check that all connections are secure.
When using a cable or satellite box, tune the TV to channel 3 or 4. For better picture, connect the box to the TV using a Composite, Component or HDMI wire.
1. Verify that the device is properly connected to the TV. 2. Note which port (terminal) the device is connected to (HDMI 1, HDMI 2,... Component or Video). 3. Press the [INPUT] button on the TV's remote control to select the correct input source, as noted above. 4. Check that the device is turned on and functioning correctly.
Panasonic remote can not be programmed to operate your cable or satellite box.
Press the [INFO] button on the TV's remote control to confirm the type of signal being received. An HD signal should be 720p, 1080i or 1080p.
To ensure HD picture, select a High Definition channel from your HD source (Cable, Satellite or fiber optic service). Note that even when the TV receives 720p, 1080i or 1080p signal, the picture may not be in HD because channels sometimes broadcast non-HD content.
Also, ensure that your HD source (HD box, Blu-ray player, etc.) is connected to the TV with an HDMI or Component cable and set to output an HD video signal.
1. Change the format (aspect ratio) of the picture by pressing the [FORMAT] button on the TV's remote control.
The options that are available to remove the vertical bars are 4:3, JUST, FULL, ZOOM and H-FILL.
2. Check the aspect settings on your external video source, such as Cable/Satellite box, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, etc.
Note: Some content, such as film-based movies, are available in extra-wide format. Top and bottom bars are unavoidable.
The picture format in the TV or connected device may be set to ZOOM. Change the TV's picture format by pressing the [FORMAT] button on the TV's remote control repeatedly to select a different picture format, such as FULL or JUST. If the TV is already set to a picture format other than ZOOM, the picture format of a connected device, such as a cable or satellite box, may need to be changed.
Welcome to the Panasonic Store Locator
Find a Store
The stores below carry the product you are looking for. Visit the location to see first hand how Panasonic is engineering a better world for you. In-store product availability may vary, we recommend checking availability with the store location.