PoE MPEG-4 Network CameraModel: BB-HCM581A-W
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Zoom MPEG-4 Network Camera with 42x Zoom, High-speed Pan/tilt with Presets, Progressive Scan, Analog Video Output and SD Card Recording with Audio, White
Welcome to the Panasonic Store Locator
Find a Store
The stores below carry the product you are looking for. Visit the location to see first hand how Panasonic is engineering a better world for you. In-store product availability may vary, we recommend checking availability with the store location.
To see a store near you,
please see our store locator.
See There When You Can't Be There™
Place this plug-and-play camera in your home, office, vacation home or almost anywhere else you'd like to keep an eye on things, with no PC required at the location. The camera can be viewed and controlled from a standard Web browser, video display, or even a compatible cell phone or PDA1 and requires no additional software for the PC that you're viewing it on. All of the other required software, including control software (TCP/UDP) and e-mail software (SMTP), is already inside the camera.
Bring Any Image Right Up Close
Equipped with a 42x zoom function (a 21x optical zoom and a 2x digital zoom2), the camera lets you zoom in and out in a total of 12 steps (10-step optical zoom and 2-step digital zoom) to view objects that are close or far away.
CCD Sensor for Enhanced Image Expression
This camera features a CCD (Charged Couple Device) for sharp, enhanced image expression. The image refreshing speed (maximum) has been increased to 30 images per second3 for smoother displays of moving images.
Record Directly onto SD Cards
The camera features an SD Memory Card slot for recording images captured by the network camera directly onto an SD Memory Card (sold separately).
Power up without a PC
Power over Ethernet (PoE) means you can use your camera without connecting to a PC. Just plug your camera into a wall outlet, and both the power and the data are transmitted over the same CAT5 wire. Plus, each camera has a built-in Web server with IP address. To view the camera's images on a PC, simply open a graphics-capable Web browser and type in the cameras specified Internet address (password optional).
Control the Camera Remotely
Using a standard Web browser, video display, or even a compatible cell phone or PDA, you can control the movement of the camera. There is 350 Pan (left & right) movement and 210 Tilt (up & down) movement available. You can also assign a "Home Position" that allows you to return the camera to a pre-designated shooting position. Up to eight shooting positions can be registered in advance, so you can aim the camera exactly where you want it. You can also click on the part of the image you want to see, and automatically bring that part to the center of the screen.
Sensor Recording and Image Alerts
With the built-in sensor, the camera can be set to record and/or notify you when someone enters the room. It can even automatically move to a preset location when triggered, just in case someone was viewing a different part of the room.
Record Only What You Want to Record
The camera can be set to automatically record video at certain times and certain speeds. In addition, with optional, external sensors attached to the camera, it is possible for the camera to email4 or record when triggered by motion, sound, light, timer, or even a push button. These convenient functions eliminate your need to constantly check the image.
Create Your Own Free Web Address
The FREE viewnetcam.com service allows you to create a personal Web address (e.g., http://bob.viewnetcam.com) at which your camera's live image can be found on the Internet. Access your Panasonic Network Camera live from virtually any Internet connection point around the world! Your Web browser is the only software you'll need. Here's how the camera and service works: special software embedded within your Panasonic Network Camera gives your camera the ability to locate your unique Internet address. No matter what kind of Internet connection you have or which Internet provider you use, the viewnetcam.com service will keep your camera's Internet address permanent.
- 42x Zoom (21x optical)
- High-speed 350 Pan/210 Tilt with Presets
- PoE (802.3af-compliant)
- Progressive Scan
- Analog Video Output5
- Simultaneous MPEG-4 and JPEG
- SD Card Recording with Audio
- 0.09 Lux Color Night View Mode
- Up to 30 Frames per Second6 CCD
- Full Screen Monitoring
- Remote Monitoring from Cell Phone7
- Full Screen 4-up and 12-up Multi-camera Pages
- Up to 30 Video Users
- Built-in Web Server/IP Address (IPv4/v6)
- Audio Capability (2-way)
- Sensor Input to Trigger Movement
- Email Triggered by Motion Detection, Sensor Alert, Timer
- Password Protection
- Plug-and-play Installation
- Free Web Address like http://bob.viewnetcam.com
- Multi-language Interface
- Image Date and Time Stamp
- 1 Year Warranty
- Connecting the camera to the Internet requires Internet access and may require that you obtain additional hardware such as a cable or DSL modem, or a hub or router with a 10Base-T Ethernet connection. The camera will not be accessible from across the Internet unless the Internet connection is active. We cannot guarantee that your Internet connection will always be available. The frame rate of the motion image may be dependent upon the uplink speed of the Internet connection and other factors. Viewing may involve some time delay. Recommended minimum 100kbps upstream bandwidth for camera.
- Digital zoom may significantly decrease resolution.
- Image resolution: 320 x 240 or 160 x 120.
- Email transmission may not be possible in some cases due to the mail server authentication system (SMTP authentication, etc.) used by your Internet service provider.
- Requires optional BL-WV10A TV Adaptor.
- The maximum frame rate and time delay of the video and/or audio will vary based on factors including the uplink speed of the connection (100kbps minimum uplink recommended).
- Compatible cell phones and PDAs must be able to display JPEG images and HTML Web pages. Additional fee-based cellular services may be required.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOUClick on the links below to reveal contact information.