WhisperSense™ Fan/Light - Moisture Control for CALGreen Compliance, 80CFM
- Built-in dual motion and humidity sensors with versatile functionality
- SmartAction® motion sensor automatically turns fan on when you enter the room
- Humidity sensor detects rapid rise in Relative Humidity (RH) and automatically turns fan on to remove moisture to help prevent mold and mildew
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, CALGreen and California Title 24
- Lighted models now feature (2)13W self-ballasted GU24 base CFL lamps
- UL listed for tub/shower enclosure when used with a GFCI protected circuit
- Fits in 2 x 8 construction
- 3-year warranty on parts, 1 year on CFL lamps
WhisperSense Lite FV-08VQCL6 80 CFM, Ceiling Mount Fan/Light
WhisperSense™ is a great choice for new and remodel residential applications. Time-tested and customer approved for quiet, yet powerful consistency. Rated for continuous use, WhisperSense vent fans are a simple way to execute an energy efficient ventilation strategy that helps prevent moisture buildup in your bathroom. This product protects your family from mold and mildew and helps maintain the structural integrity of your home.
Dual Sensor Technology (Motion and Humidity)
Panasonic's SmartAction® motion sensor automatically turns the fan on when you enter the room to automatically exhaust stale, moist air. A delay off timer can be set between 30 seconds and 60 minutes. A built-in humidity sensor can detect quick fluctuations in relative humidity and flip the fan on anywhere between 30% and 80% relative humidity - you pick. This eliminates moisture that can cause mold, mildew, decay, and rot. The auto shut-off switch saves energy and operating costs.
Long Life Means Reduced Costs
When you have a household or business to run, you don't want to have to replace little things like a vent fan. Panasonic fans use less energy to move larger volumes of air than other brands. Consequently, Panasonic fans run cooler so they last longer. They are also much less likely to overheat and result in motor failure. The motor is also equipped with a thermal-cutoff fuse.
WhisperSense incorporates an integrated dual 4 in. or 6 in. duct adapter to give you flexibility in duct layout and design. For short runs, you can go with a smaller duct size, but long runs are OK, too - just move up to 6 in. duct. The double hanger-bar system (expandable up to 24 in.) is ideal for positioning the fan exactly where you want it. Panasonic fans are UL listed for tub/shower enclosure (just install them on a GFCI-protected circuit). With these great features, your installation options open up.
CFL Lighting Efficiency
Energy efficient lighting is an important part of the latest codes and standards, so Panasonic fans incorporate the most efficient CFL lamps available. Our flush mount grilles incorporate (2) 13W, self-ballasted GU24 base, ENERGY STAR® rated CFL lamps that squeeze out more lumens per watt (greater than 70 LPW!) than other manufacturers do. A 4-watt night light is also included.
ENERGY STAR® Certified for Energy Savings
Panasonic ventilation fans are ENERGY STAR® certified, where guidelines exist. ENERGY STAR® vent fans meet strict parameters set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). They provide better efficiency and comfort with less noise, and feature high performance motors and improved blade design, providing better performance and longer life.
- Product Family Name WhisperSense Light
- Air Volume Exhaust (CFM) 80 @ 0.1" SP, 62 @ 0.25" SP
- Noise (Sones) 80 @ 0.1" SP = less than 0.3, 62 @ 0.25" SP = 0.4
- Power Consumption (Watts) 17.5W
- Energy Efficiency (CFM/Watt) 4.7 CFM/W
- Current (Amps) 0.16A
- Power Rating (V/Hz) 120/60
- Motor Type (AC/DC) AC
- Motion Sensor Yes
- Humidity/Condensation Sensor Yes
- Multi-Speed with Time Delay 0
- Duct Diameter 4" & 6"
- Installation Ceiling
- Radiation Damper Available Yes
- Mounting Opening (in sq.) 10-1/2"
- Grille Size (in sq.) 13"
- Light Type (CFL/LED) CFL
- Lamp Watts 2 x 13W
- Color Temperature (Kelvin) and Color Rendering Index (CRI) 3500K / >80 CRI
- Lumens (lm) 998lm Per Lamp
- Lamp Rated Average Life (hrs.) 10000
- Lamp Model # MLS13GU35
- Night Light Yes
- ENERGY STAR® Certified Yes
- Other Approved Codes and Standards ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, CALGreen, California Title 24, Washington VIAQ
- UL Listed for Tub/Shower Enclosure when used with a GFCI Protected Circuit Yes
- Warranty 3 Year Parts, 1 Year CFL
- Master Carton Dimensions (HxWxD) 16-15/16" x 14-5/16" x 11-9/16"
- Master Carton Gross Weight (lbs.) 13.9
- UPC 885170123946