Keychain Remote for Panasonic Home Monitoring System
- Wireless keychain remote for Panasonic Home Monitoring System
- Arms and disarms system with the touch of a button
- Programmable smart button activates lights, warning siren or other component
- Two-year battery life
- Easy DIY set-up, one-touch syncing with system
- Hub unit required KX-HNB600W
Keychain Remote for Home Monitoring & Control System
Designed for seniors, kids and others who may not have a smartphone or tablet, the keychain remote makes it touch-button simple to quickly arm and disarm your home monitoring system. Plus control an individual component, such as a lamp or warning siren. The small, ergonomic key fob holds your everyday keys and fits comfortably in pockets and purses.
Arm and Disarm in an Instant
Two easy, color-coded touch buttons — red for arm, green for disarm — allow you to disarm the system before entering the house and back on once you're inside, when entertaining or for any other reason.
Control a Single Component with Smart Key
The key remote also includes a convenient smart button you can easily program with your smartphone/tablet to control a selected component, such a Smart Plug to turn on a light when you enter a dark room, trigger the system warning siren in an emergency.
Easy, Do-it-Yourself Setup
With the touch of a button, the keychain remote syncs instantly to the system Hub.* The remote is powered by a single lithium CR2 type battery (battery life approx. 2 years).
Panasonic Home Monitoring System
As an integral part of the Panasonic Home Monitoring System, the wireless keychain remote takes full advantage of the DECT technology that allows every connected system component to maintain a clear, uninterrupted, long-range signal throughout the home. And because it's the home monitoring system that you configure, install and control yourself, there's never a monthly fee to pay.
*The system Hub (KX-HNB600) is required for keychain remote and other system components.
- Color Black
- Frequency Range
- DECT 1.92 GHz – 1.93 GHz
- Arm Button Yes
- Disarm Button Yes
- Smart Button Yes
- Status Indication LED (Red/ Green/ Amber)
- Easy Setup One Push Pairing button
- Power Source Lithium battery CR2 (1 x 3.0 V, 850 mAh)
- Battery Life Approx. 2 years
- Operating Conditions 0 °C (32 °F) or greater than 40 °C (104 °F).
- Dimensions/ Weight
- Dimensions (H x W x D) Approx. 77 mm x 27 mm x 18 mm (3 1/32 inches x 1 1/18 inches x 23/32 inches)"
- Weight Approx. 17 g (0.04 lb)
- UPC 885170236165
How can I update the software of the Hub?When software update is available you will automatically receive a software update notice to your mobile device. Once accepted the Hub will download the new software through your home Wi-Fi network and update itself. Software update of the Hub will take about 16 minutes to complete. During the update do not unplug the Hub or turn off your mobile device.
Why do I get the following error from my Home Monitoring System: Troubleshooting Connection Unsuccessful: Network Signal Error (Weak Signal using 3G, 4G, LTE or Wi-Fi)?This is caused by a weak signal with your mobile device.
1. Make sure you can connect to the internet using your mobile device.
2. Move to an area where there is a strong signal.
3. Try changing from mobile data (3G, 4G, LTE) to Wi-Fi.
4. For iOS user verify if the iPhone or iPad allows mobile data transmission for the app. To check this, Tap "Settings" of the device and tap "Cellular" & scroll down to "USE CELLULAR DATA FOR:" the "Home Network" app should have green toggle switched to On.
How do I reset the hub and re-start the initial setup?1) Disconnect the AC adaptor from the hub.
2) While pressing the Wi-Fi SETUP button on the rear of the hub and the CAMERA and OTHER DEVICE buttons on the side of the hub (total 3 buttons), connect the AC adaptor to the hub. Do not release the buttons yet.
3) Continue to hold the buttons down until the hub's LED indicator lights in yellow, then release the buttons.
4) Wait for the hub's LED indicator to light in green (about 2 minutes).
5) Press and hold the Wi-Fi SETUP button until the hub's LED indicator blinks in green.
6) Wait for the hub's LED indicator to light in red.
(The hub has been successfully reset.)
7) Disconnect the AC adaptor from the hub and then connect it again to restart the hub.
Can I access the system using a computer?No. The system can be accessed using the APP on your mobile devices.