SAVE WITH PURCHASE!
For a limited time save 20% on the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan.
Panasonic has teamed up with Adobe to offer exclusive savings on the worlds best photography tools.
For a limited time, when you purchase a qualifying LUMIX camera or lens, you will receive 20% off of the Creative Cloud Photography Plan (good for one year)
How it works: Once your qualifying order ships, you will receive an email with your individual activation link to purchase your software.
LUMIX® G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. Lens
- Premium 3X Video and Still Optimized Ultra Compact (14-42mm) with Exclusive Power Zoom Technology.
- Video Optimized Power O.I.S with Silent Drive
- Micro Four Thirds Durable Metal Lens Mount with Power Controls for Focus and Smooth Zooming.
- Premium Extra-low Refractive Index Nano Surface Coating.
Panasonic is pleased to announce a new cutting-edge interchangeable lens LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. with electric-powered zoom operation from the new premium lens brand "X" for LUMIX G Micro System that complies with Micro Four Thirds System standard.
Exclusive Nano Surface Coating
Crystallizing Panasonic's optical technologies, the "X" lens features superb image rendering for lifelike textures, crisp edge-to-edge contrast, a unique Nano Surface Coating for minimal ghosts and flaring and natural atmospheres with remarkable transparency.
Compact Retractable Lens Barrel Design
Although the lens is not a single focus length lens but is a zoom lens, the retractable-type zoom lens boasts outstanding compactness with approx. 26.8 mm* in length and approx. 95g in weight to realize ultra-high mobility. Notably, the astonishingly short overall length is realized by the inclusion of 4 aspherical lenses. The zoom lever on the lens barrel gives user a stable zooming while manual focusing is also available with manual focus lever for more precise control.
Premium Lens DesignThe new LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. lens offers a versatile zoom range of 14-42 mm (35 mm camera equivalent: 28-84 mm) suitable for a wide range of scenes from dynamic landscape to portrait. Comprising of 9 lenses in 8 groups, the lens system features excellent contrast at entire zoom range. The inclusion of 4 aspherical lenses that helps achieving the downsizing of lens unit also improves optical performance by minimizing distortion, even at the 28 mm wide end. The 2 ED lenses effectively compensates for the chromatic aberration.
Plus, Panasonic's Nano Surface Coating technology is adopted to minimize the reflection at entire visual light range (380nm-780nm) by applying the extra-low refractive index coating with nano-sized structure on the surface of the lens. It results in the super clear picture with dramatic reduction of ghost and flare.
The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) which is newly integrated in the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. makes it easy to shoot super clear shots even in low-lit situations such as in night time or indoors. With the improved sensitivity of the gyro sensor, the new POWER O.I.S. suppresses large, slow movement 2x more effectively**.
Support for Light Speed AF
When mounted on the cameras of LUMIX G Micro System, users can take advantage of the contrast AF system and the convenient functions applied from it. Adopting an inner focus system driven by a stepping motor, the superior optical design realizes outstanding smoothness to support the high speed AF system of LUMIX G cameras. It achieves approx. 0.1 second Light Speed AF*** thanks to the downsizing of focus lens and its amount of movement. By speeding up the aperture control, shutter time lag is also shortened by approx. 40% compared with the LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S..****
Focus and Aperture Design
With its minimum focus distance of 0.2m (14-20mm) / 0.3m (21-42mm), the new lens provides a maximum photographic magnification of 0.34x (35 mm equivalent). 7 aperture blades consists a circular aperture diaphragm and produces an attractive smoothness in out-of-focus areas even shooting at large aperture.
Two Lens Barrel Color Options
Offering more fashionable, sophisticated look with two color option of black and silver, the new LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. perfectly matches any color of cameras from LUMIX G Micro System to be a part of the photographic life.
*When the lens is retracted.
**Compared with the conventional MEGA O.I.S..
***The time for focusing on the subject is measured with the DMC-GF3 to move the lens position to "2m" from "infinity" position at wide-end. The firmware of the GF3 must be updated to Ver.1.1 or later. Panasonic measurement method.
****Measured with DMC-GF3. The time required to start exposure after the shutter button is fully pressed after the lens position is moved from "infinity" to "2m". The zoom position is at wide-end. The firmware of the GF3 must be updated to Ver.1.1 or later. Panasonic measurement method.
8226;Four Thirds™ and Micro Four Thirds™, and Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds Logo marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Olympus Imaging Corporation, in Japan, the United States, the European Union and other countries.
- The world's first digital interchangeable power zoom lens*¹
- Outstanding compactness and high image quality by lens construction
- Nano Surface Coating technology for dramatic reduction of ghost and flare
- Light Speed AF*² and shortened shutter time lag
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) that suppresses large, slow movement 2x more effectively*³
*2 For the DMC-GH2, DMC-G3 and DMC-GF3. The time for focusing on the subject is measured with the DMC-GF3 to move the lens position to "2m" from "infinity" position at wide-end. Panasonic measurement method. The firmware of the DMC-GF3 must be updated to ver.1.1 or later. Panasonic measurement method.
*3 Compared with the conventional MEGA O.I.S.
- Lens Construction 9 elements in 8 groups (4 aspherical lenses , 2 ED lens)
- Nano Surface Coating Yes
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer YES (POWER OIS)
- Focal Length f=14-42mm (35mm camera equivalent 28-84mm)
- Aperture Type 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Aperture Range F3.5(Wide) - F5.6(TELE)
- Minimum Aperture F22
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.2m / 0.66ft
- Maximum Magnification Approx. 0.17x / 0.34x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View 75°(Wide) to 29°(TELE)
- Filter Size ¿ 37mm / 1.5in
- Max. Diameter ¿ 61mm / 2.4in
- Overall Length Approx. 26.8mm (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount, under the condition when lens is stored) / 1.1in
- Weight Approx. 95g / 3.4oz (excluding lens cap and lens rear cap)
- Standard Accessories Lens cap, Lens rear cap, Lens storage bag
- Others Electric zoom lever, Manual focus lever
- UPC 885170052321
Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
- Hoods + Caps
You May Also Like
In Stock$999.99 $799.99
In Stock$199.95 $179.99
In Stock$329.95 $267.99
In Stock$899.99 $799.99
In Stock$449.95 $368.99
In Stock$599.95 $549.95
In Stock$1,299.99 $899.99
In Stock$1,499.99 $1,299.99