Lumix® G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. Lens
LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm/F4.0-5.6/MEGA O.I.S.
- Micro Four Thirds Mount
- 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm (F4.0[Wide] - F5.6[Tele] to F22)
- 67mm filter size
The new telephoto zoom lens LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. realizes 300mm (35 mm camera equivalent: 600 mm) handheld ultra-telephoto zoom shots with astonishingly compact and light weight profile. The LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. allows photographers challenge shooting subject they cannot draw near including sports, wild animals, aircrafts and so on without carrying a huge conventional ultra-telephoto zoom lens and a heavy tripod to set it on with high compression effect. Panasonic's MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) powerfully compensates for the hand shake which severely affect the zoom shots to suppress blur.
The new LUMIX G VARIO 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. is comprised of the lens unit with 17 elements in 12 groups including an ED lens. Adopting the ED lens in the first lens group, the chromatic aberration is effectively suppressed to render sharp, high contrast images with stable optical performance over the entire zoom range. The integration of stepping motor with exclusive zoom tracking control system and inner focus drive system realizes the use of accurate and high speed contrast AF, yet keeping its sound of action as silent as possible.
Seven blades give the aperture a rounded shape that produces an attractively smooth effect in out-of-focus areas when shooting at larger aperture settings. Highly reliable metal mount assures durability for active use, and uses multi-coated lens elements that minimize ghosts and flare to further enhance its shooting performance.
- Tracking focus in video recording with silent auto focus and exposure control
The firmware update to ver. 1.2 is recommended for more comfortable HD video recording.
- Maximum focal length of 600mm super telephoto zoom (35mm camera equivalent)
- An ED lens in the first lens group for superb optical performance by suppressing chromatic aberration at entire zoom range
- Optical Image Stabilizer in the lens effectively compensates for the handshake to realize using super high zoom even without a tripod
- High-speed, silent Contrast AF for both photos and videos with inner focus drive system
- The integration of stepping motor with exclusive zoom tracking control system
- Circular aperture diaphragm
- Multi-coated lens elements minimize ghosts and flare
- Durable metal mount
- When flash recording with a close subject, the light of the flash will be blocked by the lens and part of the picture may be dark. Check the distance from the subject when recording.
- Lens Construction 17 elements in 12 groups (1 ED lens)
- Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Optical Image Stabilizer Yes
- Focal Length f=100mm to 300mm (35mm camera equivalent 200mm to 600mm)
- Aperture Type 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Aperture Range F4.0(Wide) - F5.6(Tele)
- Minimum Aperture F22
- Closest Focusing Distance 1.50m / 4.9ft at all focal lengths
- Maximum Magnification Approx. 0.21x / 0.42x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Diagonal Angle of View 12°(W) ˜ 4.1°(T)
- Filter Size φ67mm / 2.64in
- Max. Diameter φ73.6mm / 2.90in
- Standard Accessory Lens Cap, Lens Hood, Lens Rear Cap, Lens Storage Bag
- Overall Length (inches) Approx. 126mm (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount) / 4.96in
- Recommended Humidity 40%RH to 60%RH
- Weight Approx. 520g / 18.3oz
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 8.2187'' x 4.5'' x 4.5''
You May Also Like