LUMIX 4K Digital Camera ZS100 with 20 Megapixel Sensor, 25-250mm F/2.8-5.9 LEICA DC Lens Zoom, WiFi and Electronic Viewfinder - Black
- Large 1”, 20 Megapixel sensor delivers brighter, more colorful photos with fewer image artifacts.
- 10x (25-250mm) LEICA DC Lens optical zoom performance with a wide F/2.8-5.9 aperture for impressive background defocus effects.
- 4K Ultra HD video recording plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus photo capture features.
- Eye-level Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) and touch-enabled LCD for a wider viewing experience.
- Lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body.
- WiFi mobile device connectivity via Panasonic Image App for photo sharing and controlling camera features remotely.
- USB Mobile Charging Friendly
Thanks to 4K technology inside the TZ100, 4K PHOTO allows you to capture the perfect moment in 30fps, and select your best photo after shooting. Shoot, select and save. With 4K PHOTO mode on the LUMIX TZ100, make moments, truly unmissable.
Unmissable moments with 4K PHOTO
Powerful 10x optical zoom
When you just can't get closer, the powerful 10x optical zoom of the LUMIX TZ100 helps you get the shot. Featuring a world-famous LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT lens, its powerful zoom offers incredible flexibility, ranging from 25mm-250mm (35mm camera equiv.). Perfect for capturing the sights; both near and far.
The LUMIX TZ100 has been designed with power and function in perfect balance. A crystal-clear LEICA zoom lens accompanies a stylish pocket-sized shape. No more bulky camera bags or weighty equipment, just power and portability in perfect harmony.
Imagine being able to decide exactly what you want in focus, even after you've taken the photo. The Post Focus function on the LUMIX TZ100 gives you the power to do just that. Simply capture the scene, review the image and touch the part of the 4K PHOTO you'd like to be pin sharp. It's simple, stunning and all inside the LUMIX TZ100.
Sometimes, harsh sunlight makes even the brightest camera screens difficult to see. The LUMIX TZ100 features a 0.2-inch 1,166K-dot LVF(Live View Finder) which automatically turns on when you lift the camera to your eye, so you can see every detail and capture the shot you're looking for.
The LUMIX TZ100 can shoot images in RAW-format and even develop them inside the camera, to adjust the following settings: Colour Space Setting (sRGB / AdobeRGB), White Balance, Exposure Compensation, Photo Style, Intelligent D-range Control, Contrast, Highlight / Shadow, Saturation, Noise Reduction, Intelligent Resolution, Sharpness.
1-inch large High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
Just because the sun goes down, doesn’t mean your camera has to as well. Keep capturing into the night, with the powerful 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor of the TZ100. More detail, more colour and more clarity, even in low light.
LUMIX TZ100 incorporates the same Venus Engine as the LUMIX high-end system cameras. It enables high quality image capture and high speed signal processing required for 4K video recording. Integrating superior noise reduction systems, LUMIX TZ100 enables shooting at max. ISO12800 / Extended ISO25600. Sensitivity, gradation performance, resolution and colour reproduction are dramatically improved to achieve even higher picture quality.
Light Composition function synthesises the images by choosing and saving a brighter pixel. This makes it possible to produce more luxurious, dramatic image of situations such as fireworks or night scenery in camera with ease.
4K Live Cropping enables unique video expressions that were previously difficult to record. Only the recording frame moves while the camera maintains a fixed position. This allows stable panning, and lets you zoom in on a subject that is not in the image's center position.
Panasonic's Depth From Defocus (DFD) Auto Focus (AF) technology instantly calculates the distance between the items inside the frame and drives the focus of the lens in one fast, continuous movement. This system results in faster AF speeds up to 0.1 seconds and a burst shooting speed with AFC of 6 fps. It also increases the stability of continuous focusing when shooting video.
Low Light Auto Focus makes it possible to set focus on the subject more precisely in such as moonlight even without AF assist lamp. Furthermore, the LUMIX TZ100 newly integrates the Starlight AF to let you shoot a star in the night sky with auto focus by accurate calculation of the contrast value in a smaller AF zone.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 110.5 x 64.5 x 44.3 mm
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (4.35 x 2.54 x 1.74 inch)
- Weight Approx. 312 g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.685 lb)
- Weight Approx. 270 g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.595 lb)
- Camera Effective Pixels 20.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter 1-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor / 20.9 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F2.8 - 5.9 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm
- Aperture (Still Image: F2.8 - 8.0 (W), F5.9 - 8.0 (T), Motion Picture: F2.8 - 8.0 (W), F5.9 - 8.0 (T))
- Optical Zoom 10x
- Focal Length f = 9.1 - 91mm
- Focal Length (27 - 270mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3)
- Focal Length (25 - 250mm in 35mm equiv. in 3:2)
- Focal Length (26 - 260mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9)
- Focal Length (32 - 320mm in 35mm equiv. in 1:1)
- Focal Length (37 - 370mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3 4K Photo recording)
- Focal Length (37 - 370mm in 35mm equiv. in 3:2 4K Photo recording)
- Focal Length (37 - 370mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 4K Photo recording)
- Focal Length (40 - 400mm in 35mm equiv. in 1:1 4K Photo recording)
- Focal Length (26 - 260mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. Off / Level Shot function Off)
- Focal Length (28 - 280mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. On / Level Shot function Off)
- Focal Length (31 - 310mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. On / Level Shot function On)
- Focal Length (37 - 370mm in 35mm equiv. in 4K video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 14x (3:2 / 10M (M)), 20x (3:2 / 5M (S))
- Intelligent Zoom 20x
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT
- Lens 12 elements in 10 groups
- Lens (5 Aspherical Lenses / 9 Aspherical surfaces)
- Optical Image Stabilizer 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. +*
- Optical Image Stabilizer * 5-Axis compensation works in video recording except for 4K video or high-speed video recording.
- Digital Zoom Max. 4x (When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x.)
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 70 cm - infinity
- Focusing Area AF Macro / MF / Intelligent Auto / Motion Picture: Wide 5 cm - infinity / Tele 70 cm - infinity
- AF Assist Lamp Yes (On / Off)
- Focus AF / AF Macro / Macro Zoom * Each available with AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous) / MF Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion picture recording), Eye Sensor AF, Touch AF/AE Function,
- Focus Touch Shutter, Touch Pad AF, MF Assist, Touch MF Assist, AF+MF, Focus Peaking, One Shot AF (Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF-ON), Low Light AF, Starlight AF, AF/AE Lock Button
- Post Focus Yes
- AF Metering Face/Eye Detection / Tracking / 49-area / Custom Multi / 1-area / Pinpoint
- AF Metering (Full area touch is available)
- Shutter Speed [Still Image] Still Image:
- Shutter Speed [Still Image] Approx. 60 - 1/2,000 sec (Mechanical Shutter)
- Shutter Speed [Still Image] Approx. 1 - 1/16,000 sec (Electronic Shutter)
- Shutter Speed [Still Image] Time (Approx. 120 sec)
- Shutter Speed [Motion Picture] Motion Picture:
- Shutter Speed [Motion Picture] Approx. 1/30 - 1/16,000 sec
- Shutter Speed [Motion Picture] Approx. 1/25 - 1/16,000 sec (in 24p recording)
- Shutter Speed [Motion Picture] Approx. 1/2 - 1/16,000 sec (Creative Video M Mode / MF Mode)
- Viewfinder 0.20" LVF (Live View Finder) (1,166k dots equiv.), Field of View: Approx. 100%, Lens 19.6x
- Viewfinder Magnification: Approx. 2.59x / 0.46x (35 mm camera equivalent)
- File Format Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / RAW, DPOF
- File Format Motion Picture: AVCHD Progressive, AVCHD, MP4
- Recording Modes
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, Creative Video, C (Custom), Panorama Shot, Scene Guide, Creative Control
- Creative Control mode Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, Sunshine (22 filters)
- Still Image Scene Guide Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, Monochrome
- Continuous Shooting Mode (Approx.) [AFS] SH: 50 frames/sec*, H: 10 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- [AFC] H: 6 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- * Electronic shutter only.
- 4K Photo Mode (*2) 4K Burst: 30 frames/sec, max. 15 min
- 4K Photo Mode (*2) 4K Burst (S/S): 30 frames/sec, max. 15 min
- 4K Photo Mode (*2) 4K Pre-Burst: 30 frames/sec, approx. 2 sec
- 4K Photo Mode (*2) (Depending on memory card size and battery power)
- 4K Photo Mode (*2) Exif Information: Yes
- 4K Photo Mode (*2) Selectable Aspect Ratio: Yes (4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1 are selectable)
- 4K Photo Mode (*2) Exposure Mode: Program AE / Aperture Priority AE / Shutter Priority AE / Manual
- 4K Photo Mode (*2) Marking Function: Yes (in 4K Burst (S/S) mode)
- Motion Picture Recording (*2)
- 4K Video 3840 x 2160 pixels, 30p (4K: 100Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) (AAC)
- 4K Video 3840 x 2160 pixels, 24p (4K: 100Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 24fps) (AAC)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (FHD: 28Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) (Dolby)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 24p (FHD: 24Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 24fps) (Dolby)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FHD: 24Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 30fps) (Dolby)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FHD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) (Dolby)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (FHD: 28Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 60fps) (AAC)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30p (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) (AAC)
- HD Video 1280 x 720 pixels, 30p (HD: 10Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) (AAC)
- STD Video 640 x 480, 30p (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) (AAC)
- High Speed Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30p (FHD: MP4) (Sensor Output is 120fps)
- Continuous Recordable Time (Motion Pictures)
- AVCHD FHD/60p: Approx. 105 min
- AVCHD FHD/60i: Approx. 110 min
- MP4 4K/30p: Approx. 90 min
- MP4 FHD/60p: Approx. 110 min
- Actual recordable Time (Motion Pictures)
- AVCHD FHD/60p: Approx. 50 min
- AVCHD FHD/60i: Approx. 55 min
- MP4 4K/30p: Approx. 45 min
- MP4 FHD/60p: Approx. 55 min
- Exposure Parameters
- Exposure Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, +/-5 EV (+/-3 EV for motion picture)
- Auto (AE) Bracketing 3, 5, 7 frames in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV Step, Max. +/-3 EV
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- ISO Sensitivity Still Image: Auto / i.ISO / 80* / 100* / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600*
- ISO Sensitivity Motion Picture: Auto / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400
- ISO Sensitivity (Changeable to 1/3 EV step)
- ISO Sensitivity * Extended ISO
- Picture Quality
- Still Picture Recording [4:3] 4864x3648 (17.5M) (L) / 3456x2592 (9M) (M) / 2432x1824 (4.5M) (S)
- Still Picture Recording [3:2] 5472x3648 (20M) (L) / 3888x2592 (10M) (M) / 2736x1824 (5M) (S)
- Still Picture Recording [16:9] 5472x3080 (17M) (L) / 3840x2160 (8M) (M) / 1920x1080 (2M) (S)
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] 3648x3648 (13.5M) (L) / 2592x2592 (6.5M) (M) / 1824x1824 (3.5M) (S)
- Image Quality RAW / RAW+Fine / RAW+Standard / Fine / Standard
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set1 / White Set2 / White Set3 / White Set4 / Color Temperature
- White Balance (2-axis Adjustable)
- Photo Style Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom, Cinelike D*, Cinelike V* * When Creative Video mode is selected.
- Picture Adjustment Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, Saturation*, Color Tone**, Filter Effect**
- Picture Adjustment * Except for Monochrome mode. ** For Monochrome mode only.
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes (On / Off)
- GPS -
- Wi-FI IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Wi-FI 2412 MHz - 2462 MHz (1-11 ch)
- Wi-FI WPA / WPA2
- Wi-FI Infrastracture Mode / WPS
- NFC -
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Self Timer 2 sec / 10 sec / 10 sec (3 images)
- Self Shot Mode -
- Playback Mode All, Slideshow, Filtering Play (Picture Only, Video Only, 4K PHOTO, Post Focus, Category Selection, Favorite), Calendar
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / Yes
- Show Histogram/ Show Highlights Yes / Yes
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Retouch -
- RAW Processing Yes
- Resize/ Cropping Yes / Yes
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp - / Yes / Yes
- Video Divide Yes
- Creating Still Pictures from a Motion Picture Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / DPOF / Favorites
- OSD language Japanese, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Chinese (Traditional)
- LCD Monitor 3.0" (7.5cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (1040k dots), Static Touch Control, AF Coating
- LCD Monitor Field of View: Approx. 100%, Wide Viewing-angle
- Built- in- Flash Auto*, Auto/Red-eye Reduction*, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off * For iA, iA+ mode only.
- Built- in- Flash 0.6 - 8.0m (Wide / ISO Auto), 0.7 - 3.8m (Tele / ISO Auto)
- Recording Media SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Recording Media (Compatible with UHS-I UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards)
- Built- in- Memory -
- Microphone / Speaker Stereo / Mono
- Interface microHDMI typeD (*3), USB2.0 Micro-B
- Power Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1025mAh, 7.4 Wh) (Included)
- Power AC Adaptor (Input: 110 - 240V AC) (Included, connect with USB cable)
- Battery life (approx.) 300 pictures (rear monitor) / 240 pictures (LVF) (CIPA Standard) (*1)
- Standard Package
- Included Software ・ The software to process RAW file on PC is not bundled with DMC-ZS100. To do this, SILKYPIX Developer Studio is available for download at Ichikawa Soft Laboratory's website using PC connected to the Internet.
- Included Software ・ The DMC-ZS100 Operating Instructions for advanced features is available for downloaded at Panasonic LUMIX Customer Support Site using PC, smartphone or tablet connected to the Internet.
- Included Software ・ The software for PC is not bundled with DMC-ZS100. Please use the software pre-installed to the PC or other general image viewing software to browse pictures.
- Standard Accessories Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap, Strap Adaptor
- NOTE *1
- NOTE Recording conditions by CIPA standard
- NOTE - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF) / Humidity: 50%RH when monitor is on.
- NOTE - Using a Panasonic SDHC Memory Card
- NOTE - Using the supplied battery.
- NOTE - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].)
- NOTE - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording.
- NOTE - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording.
- NOTE - The number of recordable pictures varies depending on the recording interval time.
- NOTE - If the recording interval time becomes longer, the number of recordable pictures decreases.
- NOTE - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association].
- NOTE *2
- NOTE - These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH.
- NOTE - The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use.
- NOTE - Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc.
- NOTE - Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording motion pictures.
- NOTE - Use a card with SD Speed Class with "UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)" when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K] or [4K PHOTO].
- NOTE (SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)
- NOTE - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD] in [FHD/60fps] is 29 minutes 59 seconds.
- NOTE - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] in [4K] is 15 minutes.
- NOTE - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD] [VGA] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to 4 GB.
- NOTE - Maximum time to record High Speed motion pictures continuously with [MP4] in [FHD] is 7 minutes 29 seconds.
- NOTE *3
- NOTE For [4K] video output, use an HDMI cable that has the HDMI logo on it, and that is described as"4K compatible".
- UPC 885170282681
- Version: 1.1
- Issues Addressed: 1. New function is added to change the direction of dial rotation when operating the aperture and shutter speed. The option [Rotation(F/SS)] has been added to [Ring/Dial Set] on the [Custom] menu.
- Release Date: 7-20-2016
- Operating Systems: windows/mac
I need to download the software for my camera, but don't have the link.
Click on a link below.
- Software Download - You will need the serial number from the bottom of the camera.
- Live Chat - Chat with a representative from 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
- Parts/Accessories - Order parts and/or accessories from our supply chain, Encompass.
- Service Locator - Locate the closest Authorized repair center to you for TVs, Microwaves, Vacuums, or Massage Chairs.
- Service Request - If you need a product repaired and is NOT a TV, Microwave, Vacuum, or Massage Chair, you can use our Online Repair Request. There, you will be able to get a repair estimate, pay online, and track the repair status.
- Software Download - You will need the serial number from the bottom of the camera.
I am a professional photographer who is seriously considering switching to the Lumix mirrorless cameras. Does Panasonic have, or can you suggest, a web site that demonstrates how professional photographers are successfully using the Lumix professional cameras?In conjunction with our Panasonic.com web site, our Sales and Marketing team also runs LumixLounge.com LUMIXLOUNGE.COM
How do I install firmware in my camera using an SD card?Digital Still Camera Firmware Update Guide.
My camera won't power on. What can I do?If you have a second battery, try it to see if you can power on the camera. If you dont have an extra battery and you're sure the battery you have is fully charged then the camera may need to be serviced.
Require further assistance?
Click here to visit the Panasonic Community to search for specific FAQs or tutorials for your product or ask questions directly to Panasonic or other customers.
How long should my battery last?CIPA figures which range from 300-400 photos (depending on the camera model). CIPA measurement methods use a very controlled method to measure battery life.