4K Ultra HD Camcorder with WiFi Twin Camera and 4K Photo Features for Highest Picture Quality HC-VX981K
- Ultra-sharp 4K Ultra HD recording, plus in-camera editing for 1080p displays.
- LEICA Dicomar Lens optical 20x zoom, 5-axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization.
- 4K in-camera post cropping, panning, zooming and subject tracking stabilization features eliminate the need for complex editing software.
- WiFi connected mobile device Twin Camera feature adds multi-camera scene picture in picture recording.
- 4K PHOTO captures high-quality photos from 4K video frames.
- Exclusive High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode reduces the overly high-contrast look created by overexposed and underexposed shooting conditions.
The Panasonic VX981 4K Ultra HD camcorder brings simplicity to the 4K recording experience. It adds in-camera editing solutions that can enable anyone to capture and produce content without complex software. An innovative HDR mode reclaims highlights and shadows often lost by most compact camcorders. For those without a 4K display option, the VX981 offers in-camera downsampling to 1080p displays. Plus the ability to create multi-camera scene picture-in-picture recordings simply by adding a WiFi link to a mobile device camera.
4K Post Editing
Smooth zooming: Easily zoom-in on subjects without changing camera angle.
Easy tracking: Automatically keep the subject inside the cropped area.
Exact panning: Pan any scene by selecting the start and end points.
Convenient stabilizer: Auto adjust compensates for image shaking.
Enjoy 4x the resolution of Full-HD 1080p by recording in 4K. Even pause and extract exact moments from 4K video frames for still images with 4K PHOTO mode.
Level Footage at All Times: The Level Shot function automatically detects and corrects for camera tilting.
Clear, Blurless Results: HYBRID O.I.S.+ and 5-axis correction thoroughly suppress blurring caused by unwanted handheld shaking.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Movie
By combining two images taken with different exposures, blown highlights and blocked shadows are eliminated. A dedicated HDR button enables quick mode changes.
High-Quality Core Technologies
The remarkable LEICA Dicomar lens produces the subtle nuances and shading LEICA lenses are renowned for. An advanced BSI Sensor supported by a 4K Crystal Engine suppresses distortion to consistently give an accurate rendering of the scene.
Wireless Multi Camera
Built in Wi-Fi links up to three smartphones simultaneously to record picture-in-picture from multiple angles.
- SENSOR FOR MAIN CAMERA
- Image Sensor 1/2.3-inch BSI MOS Sensor
- Total Pixels 18.91 megapixels
- Effective Pixels
- Motion Image 4K: 8.29 megapixels [16:9], Full-HD: 6.10 megapixels [16:9] (Level Shot Function OFF or Normal)
- Still Image 7.00 megapixels [3:2]
- 8.29 megapixels [16:9]
- 6.22 megapixels [4:3]
SENSOR FOR SUB CAMERA
- Image Sensor –
- Total Pixels –
- LENS FOR MAIN CAMERA
- F Value F1.8 (WIDE) / F3.6 (TELE)
- Optical Zoom 20x
- Focal Length 4.08 – 81.6 mm
- 35 mm Film Camera Equivalent
- Motion Image (16:9) 4K: 30.8 – 626 mm (Level Shot Function OFF), Full-HD: 37.0 – 752 mm (Level Shot Function OFF or Normal)
- Still Image 34.5 – 690.3 mm [3:2]
- 30.8 – 626 mm [16:9]
- 37.6 – 752.8 mm [4:3]
- Filter Diameter 49 mm
- Lens Brand Leica Dicomar Lens
- LENS FOR SUB CAMERA
- F Value –
- Focal Length –
- 35 mm Film Camera Equivalent
- Motion Image –
- Standard Illumination 1400 lx
- Minimum Illumination 2 lx (Scene Mode Low Light 1/30), 1 lx (Night Mode (Color)), 0 lx (Night Mode (IR))
- Focus Auto / Manual
- Intelligent Zoom OFF 20x
- Intelligent Zoom ON 4K: 25x, Full-HD: 40x
- Digital Zoom 60x / 1500x (The maximum value of zoom magnification can be set in two patterns)
- White Balance Auto / White Set / Sunny / Cloudy / Indoor1 / Indoor2
- Shutter Speed
- Motion Image Auto Slow Shutter ON : 1/30 – 1/8000 (60p / 60i / 30p), 1/24 – 1/8000 (24p)
- Auto Slow Shutter OFF : 1/60 – 1/8000 (60p / 60i / 30p), 1/48 – 1/8000 (24p)
- Still Image 1/2 – 1/2000
- Iris Auto / Manual
- Image Stabilizer HYBRID O.I.S.+ with Active Mode, O.I.S. Lock, Level Shot Function (Strong mode: 2K only)
- HDR Movie (Except 4K Mode) Yes
- Creative Control (Except 4K Mode) Miniature Effect, Silent Movie, 8mm Movie, Time Lapse Rec
- Recording Media SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
- Recording Format [AVCHD] AVCHD Progressive
- [iFrame / MP4] MP4
- Compression Method MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Recording/ Playback Mode
- AVCHD 1080/60p (28Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080/60p)
- PH (24Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080/60i)
- HA (17Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080/60i)
- HG (13Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080/60i)
- HE (5Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080/60i)
- MP4 2160p/30p(72M) (72Mbps / VBR), (3840 x 2160)
- 2160p/24p(72M) (72Mbps / VBR), (3840 x 2160)
- 1080p/60p(50M) (50Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080)
- 1080p/60p(28M) (28Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080)
- 1080p/24p(50M) (50Mbps / VBR), (1920 x 1080)
- 720p/30p(9M) (9Mbps / VBR), (1280 x 720)
- iFrame 960 x 540/30p (28Mbps / VBR)
- Actual Recordable Time with Supplied Battery Approx. 45 min (4K MP4)
- Approx. 50 min (60p mode)
- Approx. 50 min (PH mode)
- Approx. 50 min (HA mode)
- Approx. 50 min (HG mode)
- Approx. 50 min (HE mode)
- Approx. 50 min (2160p/24p)
- Approx. 1 h 0 min (1080p/24p)
- Approx. 50 min (MP4 50M)
- Approx. 50 min (MP4 28M)
- Approx. 55 min (MP4 720p)
- Approx. 55 min (iFrame)
- Thumbnail Display 20 thumbnails/page, 9 thumbnails/page, 1 thumbnail/page
- Audio Recording System AVCHD: Dolby Digital (5.1ch / 2ch)
- iFrame, MP4: AAC (2ch)
- Microphone 5.1ch Surround, Zoom, Focus and Stereo Microphone
- Speaker Dynamic type
STILL IMAGE SECTION
- Recording Format JPEG (DCF/Exif2.2)
- Recording Image Size
- Still Image [16:9] 25.9megapixels (6784 x 3816), 14 megapixels (4992 x 2808), 2.1 megapixels (1920 x 1080)
- [3:2] 20 megapixels (5472 x 3648), 10.6 megapixels (3984 x 2656）, 2.0 megapixels (1728 x 1152)
- [4:3] 20.4 megapixels (5216 x 3912), 10.9 megapixels (3808 x 2856), 0.3 megapixels (640 x 480)
- Simultaneous Recording 4K MP4: [16:9] 20.4 megapixels (6016 x 3384), 8.3 megapixels (3840 x 2160)
- Other than 4K MP4: [16:9] 14.0 megapixels (4992 x 2808), 2.1 megapixels (1920 x 1080)
- Flash –
- Power Supply 3.6V (Battery) / 5.0V (AC Adaptor)
- Power Consumption Max. 7.1W (Recording) / Max. 7.7W (Charging)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) Approx. 65 x 73 x 139 mm (2.559 x 2.874 x 5.472 inch)
- Weight (w/o battery and SD card) Approx. 351g (0.774 lb)
- LCD Monitor 3.0-inch Wide LCD monitor (460,800 dots)
- Touch Panel Yes
- View Finder –
- Manual Ring / Dial Yes (Dial)
- AV Yes
- HDMI Yes (micro)
- Microphone (stereo mini) Yes
- Headphone (stereo mini) Yes
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- USB Charge Yes
- LED Video Light Yes
- Accessory Shoe Yes (cold)
- Lens Cover Yes (Auto)
- On-Screen Display Language Please refer to "OSD" sheet
- Standard IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Frequency 2.4GHz band
- NFC –
- AC Adaptor Yes
- AC Cable –
- DC Cable Yes (USB Type)
- Rechargeable Battery Pack Yes (1,940mAh)
- Battery Charger –
- IR Remote –
- HDMI Cable Yes (micro)
- AV Multi Cable –
- AV Cable –
- Shoe adaptor Yes
- Lens Hood Yes
- USB Cable Yes
- Editing Software HD Writer AE 5.3 (Download)
- UPC 885170266285
- Batteries, Chargers + Adapters
Does software come with this camcorder?HD Writer VE 2.0 You can copy the motion/still picture data to the HDD of PCs or write to media such as Blu-ray discs, DVD discs or SD cards using HD Writer VE 2.0, which is the software installed in the supplied CD-ROM. Refer to the operating instructions of HD Writer VE 2.0 (PDF file) for details on how to use it.
Are there drivers available for Windows 7 or 8?No, there are no drivers for Windows 7 or Windows 8.
If I turn the camcorder upside down , I hear rattling noise is this normal?This rattling noise is the Optical image stabilization sensor which assists with reduces any handshake while recording. This is normal.
How do I clean my camcorder?Before cleaning, detach the battery or pull out the AC adaptor from the AC outlet, and then wipe the product with a dry soft cloth.