Native 4K Blu-ray Cinema Quality Player with 4K Upscaling, 4K Streaming & Built-in Wi-Fi - DMP-UB900
- 4K Native plus 4K Upscaling
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Stream 4K from Netflix & YouTube
- THX Certification, 7.1 Channel Audio
- Dolby Digital and DTS decoding
- Dual HDMI 4:4:4 Compatible
Your ticket to a next level cinema-like experience at home awaits you with the Ultra HD Blu-ray DMP-UB900 from Panasonic, a leader in home theater technology. A cinema-level quality experience comes from Panasonic’s unique original blend of video and audio technologies that deliver color and clarity expected from 4K Ultra HD with faithful dynamic audio.
The next-generation Ultra HD Blu-ray reproduction has arrived with 4K resolution and a 1,000 to 10,000-nit brightness range. HDR adds stunning gradation and contrast, with BT.2020 covering more than twice the conventional color space. Panasonic's 4K technologies further enhance picture quality to reproduce natural colors and delicate textures for a whole new level of viewing.
*4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ viewing requires a 4K/UHD TV.
Enjoy magnificent images of vacations, family, friends and more from your camera or camcorder on a large Ultra HD TV screen. Display 4K videos in MP4 and photos in 4K resolution to relive your memories in vivid detail.
Technologies from the Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory, the foundation of Blu-ray Disc Research & Development, are applied to Panasonic‘s original 4K High-Precision Chroma Processor. 4K image color signals (4:2:0) are interpolated into 4K (4:4:4) by a multi-tap chroma process for natural textures and depth.
4K internet video is supported by YouTube and NETFLIX for a wider variety of high-quality content. These high-definition internet video signals are processed by Panasonic's 4K High-Precision Chroma Processor to achieve crisp, beautiful images.
The THX certified UB900 reproduces the finely nuanced colors and richly detailed images intended by the film's creator, while also achieving lifelike surround sound. View movies at home with quality comparable to movies enjoyed at the cinema.
* THX and the THX Certified logo are trademarks of THX Ltd., registered in the United States and other jurisdictions. All rights reserved.
From signal processing to output, the UB900 also delivers stunning sound quality. Large-capacity electrolytic capacitors provide powerful sound, and a Mica capacitor reduces digital noise from the power line. A LAN Common Mode Filter reduces noise from external devices during network playback and hi-res audio compatible 192kHz/32bit Audio DAC.
The UB900 is designed for high-resolution audio reproduction. In addition to the conventional WAV/FLAC/MP3/AAC/WMA formats, DSD (5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz) and ALAC music files are faithfully reproduced. Simply connect to your home audio system to enjoy music sources equivalent to studio master sound quality.
Removable Media Ports
For 4K Up-scaling playback a TV with same resolution is required. 4K Direct Chroma Up-scaling. 4K Up-scaling 60p/50p/ 4:4:4 (HDMI2.0), 24p/30p
Ethernet Port / DLNA Compatibility
For wired connection to streaming content and firmware updates (Ethernet cable not included). For Ultra HD Blu-ray, DLNA, BD-LiveTM (To enjoy content, you will need to insert an SD [1GB or more of free space/ sold separately]. Requires broadband Internet service.), Internet Apps (Requires broadband Internet service.).
Built-in Wi-Fi and Smart Networking
Wireless LAN system built-in, Network drive access, Miracast™ compatible with Android™ devices, Ver. 4.2 and above and Miracast certified. Web browser, DLNA (Client & Renderer), External HDD playback with capacities of 2TB or less and processing NTFS/ FAT32 data is supported. Playback is not possible with some external hard disk drives, BD-Live™ with an SD (1GB or more of free space/ sold separately).
Terminals and HDMI output
Two HDMI output terminals. Optical and coaxial output terminals, Analog Audio LR output, Analog 7.1ch output, Video system is NTSC
- Ultra HD Blu-ray/ FULL HD 3D/ BD-Video yes
- BD-RE/ BD-RE DL (Ver.3)
- JPEG/ MPO N/A
- BDAV/ AVCHD/ AVCHD 3D/JPEG/ MPO yes
- BD-R/ BD-R DL (Ver.2)
- Xvid/ MKV N/A
- BDAV/ AVCHD/ AVCHD 3D/ MKV yes
- DVD-Video yes
- DVD-R*1/ DVD-R DL*1/ DVD-RW*1
- DVD-Video/ DVD Video Recording yes
- AVCHD/ Xvid/ MKV N/A
- AVCHD/ MKV yes/ yes* (*DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- FLAC/ WAV/ ALAC/ DSD/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- JPEG/ MPO yes (DVD-R/ DVD-R DL)
- +R*1/ +R DL*1/ +RW*1
- Video/ AVCHD yes
- CD, CD-R/ -RW
- CD-DA N/A
- CD-DA/ DTS-CD yes
- Xvid/ MKV N/A
- MKV yes (CD-R/ -RW)
- FLAC/ WAV/ ALAC/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes (CD-R/ -RW)
- JPEG/ MPO yes (CD-R/ -RW)
- Dolby Digital/ TrueHD yes Decode and Bitstream Output*2
- Dolby Digital Plus yes Decode and Bitstream Output*2
- DTS-HD Master Audio/ DTS-HD High Resolution Audio yes Decode and Bitstream Output*2
- FLAC yes (192kHz/24bit (5.1ch))
- WAV yes (192kHz/32bit (2ch))
- ALAC yes (96kHz/32bit (Max.7.1ch), 176.4/192kHz /32bit (Max.5.1ch))
- DSD (DFF, DSF) yes (2.8MHz (2ch/ 5.1ch), 5.6MHz (2ch only))
SD MEMORY CARD
- Slot yes
- Compatible Media SD/ SDHC/ SDXC
- JPEG/ MPO yes
- AVCHD N/A
- AVCHD/ AVCHD 3D yes
- MP4 yes
- Slot yes
- Front yes
- Rear -
- USB Standard USB 2.0 High Speed
- FLAC/ WAV/ ALAC/ DSD/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3 yes
- Xvid/ MKV/ MP4/ MPEG-2 N/A
- MKV/ MP4/ MPEG-2 yes
- JPEG/ MPO yes
HIGH QUALITY PICTURE
- 4K Up-scaling N/A
- 60p/ 50p/ 4:2:0 (HDMI2.0) N/A
- 60p/50p/ 4:4:4 (HDMI2.0) yes
- 24p/ 25p yes
- 4K High Precision Chroma Processor yes
- 4K Direct Chroma Up-scaling yes(24p/25p)*3
- 4K Networking (4K Video Playback/ 4K JPEG Playback) yes*4*3
- 4K NETFLIX, 4K YouTube Playback yes
- Picture Type Presets Normal/ Cinema/ Fine Cinema/ Retro Cinema/ Cartoon/ Live
- Block/ Randam/ Mosquito Noise Reduction yes
- Video on Demand in HD Quality yes
- 2D-3D Conversion/ 3D Effect Controller -
- Deep Colour yes
- x.v.Colour yes*5
HIGH QUALITY SOUND
- TWIN HDMI yes
- Pure Audio on HDMI (HDMI Low Clock Jitter Process) yes
- High Quality Network Audio Playback (DLNA) yes (FLAC/ WAV/ ALAC/ DSD/ WMA/ AAC/ MP3)
- High Clarity Sound Premium yes
- Digital Tube Sound yes (192kHz/96kHz (up to 7.1ch))
- Surround Re-Master yes (192kHz/96kHz (up to 7.1ch))*6
- Audio D/A Converter yes (192kHz/32bit (2ch+7.1ch))
- Unit Display yes (Dot Matrix)
- Remote Control yes
- Subtitle Position/Brightness Adjustment yes
- VIERA Link (HDAVI Control 5) yes
- MiracastTM yes*7
- Internet Apps yes*8
- Web Browser yes
- Wireless LAN System yes (Built-in)
- DLNA (Client & Renderer) yes
- External HDD Playback yes*9
- Network Drive Access yes
- BD-LiveTM yes10
- HDMI Output yes (2)
- Video Output -
- Optical Output yes
- Coaxial Output yes
- Analogue Audio LR Output yes
- Analogue Audio 7.1ch Output yes
- LAN (Ethernet) Terminal yes (for Ultra HD Blu-ray, DLNA, BD-LiveTM*10, Internet Apps*8 and Firmware Update)
- Video System NTSC
- Power Supply AC 120V, 60Hz
- HDMI Cable Included yes (PC Only)
- Power Consumption
- Normal Use [Approx.] 25W
- Standby /Quick Start Off [Approx.] 0.2W
- Dimensions (W x H x D) [Approx.] Approx 17-3/16 x 2-11/16 x 7-7/8 inch (435 x 68 x 199 mm) *11
- Weight [Approx.] 5.3 lbs. (2.4 kg)
- NOTE *1 Discs recorded and finalized on recording devices.
- NOTE *2 HDMI connection required.
- NOTE *3 For 4K Up-scaling playback a TV with same resolution is required.
- NOTE *4 MP4(4K/25p,30p) bit rate up to 100Mbps/resolution up to 3840x2160.
- NOTE *5 This function is effective only when reproducing AVCHD data recorded with x.v.Color technology. The function cannot be used with BD-ROM or DVD-ROM discs. HDMI connection is required.
- NOTE *6 CD sampling is done at 176.4/88.2 kHz.
- NOTE *7 Compatible with AndroidTM devices, Ver. 4.2 and above and Miracast certified. For information on whether the smartphone, etc. supports Miracast, contact the manufacturer of the device.
- NOTE *8 Requires broadband Internet service.
- NOTE *9 The external HDD with capacities of 2TB or less in processing NTFS/ FAT32 data is supported. Playback is not possible with some external hard disk drives.
- NOTE *10 To enjoy content, you will need to insert a SD (1GB or more of free space/ sold separately). Requires broadband Internet service.
- NOTE *11 Excluding the projecting parts.
- NOTE Specifications are subject to change without notice. All numbers given here are approximate.
- WARNING The recording and playback of content on this or any other device may require permission from the owner of the copyright or other such rights in that content. Panasonic has no authority to and does not grant you that permission and explicitly disclaims any right, ability or intention to obtain such permission on your behalf. It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of this or any other device complies with applicable copyright legislation in your country. Please refer to that legislation for more information on the relevant laws and regulations involved or contact the owner of the rights in the content you wish to record or playback.
- Playability may vary depending on the contents, discs and quality of the recording. For content recorded for your personal use.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice.
- TRADEMARK NOTICE ULTRA HD PREMIUMTM logo indicates that this product complies with [DISTRIBUTION SPECIFICATION Version 1.0]
- but only when this product plays back an Ultra HD Blu-rayTM disc that also bears the ULTRA HD PREMIUMTM logo.
- ULTRA HD PREMIUMTM logo is a trademark or registered trademark of the UHD Alliance, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- "Blu-ray Disc™, Blu-ray™, Ultra HD Blu-ray™ and the logos
- are trademarks of Blu-ray Disc Association."
- "AVCHD" and the "AVCHD" logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation.
- MPEG Layer-3 audio coding technology licensed from Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson.
- Dolby, Dolby Audio, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- For DTS patents, see http://patents.dts.com. Manufactured under license from DTS Licensing Limited. DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol, & DTS and the Symbol together are registered trademarks, and DTS-HD Master Audio is a trademark of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the United States and other countries.
- DLNA, the DLNA Logo and DLNA CERTIFIED are trademarks, service marks, or certification marks of the Digital Living Network Alliance.
- UPC 885170287617
What do I do if the unit has no power?If the unit is not powering on, remove the power cord plug from any power strip it may be connected to and plug directly into the wall outlet.
What should I do if my Blu-ray player freezes or locks-up?If your Blu-ray player is not responding then do as follows:
1. Unplug all cables and USB devices from the player.
2. Unplug the power, wait about 30 seconds then reconnect.
We recommend connecting the player (wired) to your network and attempt updating its Firmware again.
What can I do if I am have difficulties accessing Netflix?For Netflix related problems please do the following:
1. Connect your player to your Wired / Wireless network.2. Check to ensure that your player is set to your current "Time Zone". The wrong "Time Zone" may cause connectivity issues. To check the Time Zone, go to "Setup" -> "Player Settings" -> "Network" -> "Network Settings" -> "Network Service Settings" -> "Time Zone".3. Click the [Netflix] button on your players remote to launch the Netflix application. If Netflix does not load what is the error message displayed?4. If you experience an error in connection do the following: "Setup" -> "Player Settings" -> "Network" -> "Network Settings" -> "IP Address/DNS Settings" -> "DNS Auto Configuration". Change this setting from "On" to "Off" then change your "Primary DNS" to 126.96.36.199 and your "Secondary DNS" to 188.8.131.52.5. Check to see if other Apps are able to be accessed. If other Apps can be accessed and Netflix is the only App not loading, this may be a Netflix issue.
How do I activate my Netflix account?Start by pressing the Netflix button on your remote or select the App showing on screen. If you do not already have an existing Netflix account you'll see an option on Netflix screen offering a free month. "Start your Free Month" should already be highlighted. Navigate to the form and Click [OK] and fill out the information as required on the screen.