Panasonic Introduces Powerful and Flexible Rugged 7-inch AndroidTM Tablet
Toughpad FZ-B2 enables affordable professional-grade productivity in the field
NEWARK, NJ, October 29, 2014– Panasonic, an industry leader in reliable and innovative mobile computers since 1996, today announced the launch of the Toughpad® FZ-B2, a rugged 7-inch tablet powered by Android™ for field-based workforces. With durability, power and a range of configurability options— at a price within reach of any business — the Toughpad FZ-B2 is an ideal tool for field service, inspections, reporting, or as an upgrade from clipboards and pen-and-paper processes.
Running the Android™ 4.4 operating system and powered by a Quad-core Intel® Celeron® Processor, the Toughpad FZ-B2 offers exclusive features not available on any consumer-grade tablet. These include enhanced enterprise features; a quick-charging, user-replaceable full-shift battery with optional bridge battery and high-capacity battery; a 5-point capacitive multi-touch screen that works even when the user is wearing gloves, as well as with a fine tip stylus pen; and a wide range of configuration options to allow organizations to customize the ideal tool for their workforces.
With its fully rugged, MIL-STD-810G sealed IP65*1 dust and water-resistant design, the thin and lightweight Toughpad FZ-B2 is built for long-lasting durability even when regularly used in harsh environments. Like Panasonic’s entire range of enterprise-grade mobile computers, it is designed for longer life cycle management and for smooth deployments and ongoing support, providing a lower total cost of ownership.
"Android™ tablets are becoming an increasingly attractive option in the enterprise, particularly for small and mid-sized businesses. However, many of the tablets available on the market today are simply too unreliable and flimsy for businesses looking for a smart, dependable long-term investment," said Dan Diliberti, senior product development – tablet and payment systems, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. "The Toughpad FZ-B2 is built to many of the same specifications as our best-selling 7-inch Windows-powered Toughpad FZ-M1 tablet, assuring customers they can take advantage of the benefits of the Android™ platform without sacrificing on durability and enterprise-grade features."
Toughpad FZ-B2: Key Specifications
- Fully-rugged: Tested to meet MIL-STD-810G specifications for drops (up to 5 feet*1), shock, vibration, altitude, humidity and extreme temperatures. IP65*1 fully sealed fanless design
- Portability: 1.2 lbs., 0.71" thin (standard configuration)
- Display: 7-inch daylight-readable, anti-reflective WXGA (1280x800) LCD with extremely wide viewing angles and strengthened glass
- Processor: Intel® Celeron® N2930 Processor (2 MB Cache, Quad-core 1.83 GHz up to 2.16 GHz)
- Operating System: Android™ 4.4
- Storage and Memory: Market-leading 2GB RAM and 32GB eMMC storage
- Battery: Approx. 7 hours*2 operating time (user-replaceable), charging to full capacity in approx. 2.5 hours when powered off. Optional bridge battery, enabling users to switch out batteries without powering down the device, and optional high capacity battery (14 hours*2) available
- Input: 5-point capacitive glove-enabled multi-touch screen that works with a stylus pen
- Camera: 5MP rear camera with auto focus and LED light; 720P built-in front camera with dual mics
- Connectivity: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC7260 Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® v4.0 (Class 1), USB 3.0, micro SDHC card slot, docking connector, and optional dual high-gain antenna pass-through. The Toughpad FZ-B2 offers optional 4G LTE multi-carrier wireless broadband with satellite GPS
- Available Configuration Options: Barcode reader, Ethernet*3, half-insertable SmartCard reader, Magnetic Stripe reader*3
- Warranty: The Toughpad FZ-B2 is backed by the industry's most comprehensive 3-year warranty and U.S.-based customer support
The Toughpad FZ-B2 is compatible with a variety of accessories available now for the Toughpad FZ-M1 tablet, including hand and shoulder straps, holsters, vehicle and desktop cradle, cases, keyboards, charging solutions and mobile printers.
Pricing and Availability
Sales inquiries for Panasonic’s Toughpad family of tablets should be directed firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-803-8492.
*1Tested at Panasonic factory
*2Measured with LCD brightness:150 cd/m², Web browsing every 20 seconds through WLAN.
Varies depending on the usage conditions, or when an optional device is attached.
*3Available in Q1 CY2015
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Follow the Toughpad® Brand (#Toughpad):
The Panasonic Toughpad brand can be followed on various social media channels, includingFacebook, Twitter(@PanaToughpad),YouTube, Flickr and our blog, Panasonic for Business.
Panasonic Solutions for Business
Panasonic delivers game-changing technology solutions that deliver a customized experience to drive better outcomes—for our customers and our customers’ customers. Panasonic engineers reliable products and solutions that help to create, capture and deliver data of all types, where, when and how it is needed. The complete suite of Panasonic professional solutions for government and commercial enterprises of all sizes addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, visual communications (projectors, displays, digital signage) and HD video production. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained by calling 877-803-8492 or atus.panasonic.com/business-solutions/.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. In Interbrand’s 2014 annual "Best Global Green Brands" report, Panasonic ranked number five overall and the top electronics brand in the report. As part of continuing sustainability efforts, Panasonic Corporation of North America relocated its headquarters to a new facility, built to meet LEED certification standards, adjacent to Newark Penn Station in Newark, NJ. Learn more about Panasonic at www.panasonic.com.
Connect with Panasonic:Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Facebook, YouTube
# # #