PANASONIC EXPANDS LINE OF VENT FAN CONTROLS TO PROVIDE BUILDERS AND CONTRACTORS WITH FULLY CUSTOMIZED OPTIONS
WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus with advanced sensor technology monitors humidity and temperature, and now includes more features for added control; Preset Countdown and Hourly Timer runs fan for selected time and automatically shuts off
- Intelligent and advanced sensor technology monitors humidity and temperature to anticipate dew point, automatically operating the fan to control moisture
- NEW: Automatic seasonal adaptability with optional Moisture Sensitivity Selector that allows fine tuning for dry or moist environments
- NEW: Adjustable Minutes Per Hour (MPH) Fan Timer ensures consistent and controlled ventilation throughout the day for compliance with ASHRAE 62.2
- Includes manual on/off fan control
- NEW: 20-minute delay off timer initiates once fan is manually turned on; 30 minute delay off timer during automatic operation
- NEW: Pre-set Countdown and Hourly Fan Timer runs the fan for a pre-determined period of time, then shuts the fan off automatically
Booth #1449: New Orleans, LA (October 2014) – Adding to its comprehensive line of ventilation controls and switches, Panasonic Eco Products Division will introduce its enhanced WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus and Preset Countdown and Hourly Fan Timer at this year’s Greenbuild Expo in New Orleans October 22-24 at Booth #1449.
The WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus is a wall-mounted combination humidity and temperature sensor that now includes automatic seasonal adaptability with an optional moisture sensitivity selector and an Adjustable Minutes Per Hour (MPH) fan timer for compliance with ASHRAE 62.2. Panasonic’s WhisperControl line also includes a Preset Countdown and Hourly Fan Timer that automatically shuts the fan off after it has run for a pre-selected period of time, with the added value of incorporating the Adjustable Minutes Per Hour Fan timer to provide constant and controlled ventilation every hour for compliance with ASHRAE 62.2.
These controls give builders more customizable ventilation options to meet the latest industry codes and standards, respond to homeowners’ specific needs and give building and hotel owners the ability to make energy saving the responsibility of the fan, not the occupant.
The Condensation Sensor Plus is the next generation in moisture control and healthy indoor air technology. Panasonic’s WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus operates differently by detecting hot air and humidity based on dew point, or the temperature at which water vapor in the air condenses into liquid. By accurately recognizing dew point, the sensor turns on the ventilation fans when necessary, allowing for energy efficient function in all seasons, for all climate zones, before problem moisture has a chance to set in and cause damage
Panasonic’s WhisperControl line also includes a Preset Countdown and Hourly Fan Timer that automatically shuts the fan off after it has run for a pre-selected period of time, with the added value of incorporating the Adjustable Minutes Per Hour Fan timer to provide constant and controlled ventilation every hour for compliance with ASHRAE 62.2.
Standard humidity sensors on the market are programmed to turn on ventilation fans based on the rapid rise of humidity in the air. Humidity can vary by climate zone and cause the fans to run erratically, resulting in wasted energy from the fans running too often or condensation build-up from the fans running too infrequently. The Panasonic WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus solves this dilemma with its ability to precisely determine humidity and automatically adjust to meet occupant needs.
Advanced technology also allows users to set the Minutes Per Hour (MPH) fan timer to have the fan turn on for a set amount of time every hour for compliance with ASHRAE 62.2 To date, there are no comparable sensor products available on the market that feature this technology.
The WhisperConrol Condensation Sensor Plus and Preset Countdown Hourly Timer offer a handful of advancements from former models, including:
- (Condensation Sensor Plus Only) Moisture Sensitivity Selector – adjusts for sensitivity based on regional climate, the size of the bathroom, and preferred dryness levels. This unique technology tracks temperature and humidity over several weeks to determine the level of dryness preferred. The Moisture Sensitivity Selector is not affected by daily or seasonal changes in a room’s climate so it can be set once and remain at that setting.
- (Both Products) Adjustable Minutes Per Hour (MPH) Fan Timer –can be set to turn the fan ON for a set amount of time every hour (0-60 min.) for compliance with ASHRAE 62.2. The MPH Fan Timer provides constant and controlled ventilation every hour.
- Manual On/Off Control –can be pushed for manual fan operation. If the fan has been turned off before the room has been adequately cleared of moisture, the Condensation Sensor Plus overrides the operation to ensure the exhaust fan removes the moist air.
- (Condensation Sensor Plus only) Delay Timer – a 20 minute countdown cycle is initiated when manually turning the fan on. During automatic operation, a 30 minute countdown timer initiates after moisture returns to normal levels.
“The launch of the WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus and Preset Countdown Hourly Timer aids in Panasonic’s goal of helping professionals and homeowners ventilate properly and efficiently, and to have control over that ventilation,” said Patricia Monks, Product Manager, Panasonic Eco Solutions North America. “Builders will now be able to offer homeowners and hotel owners a product to help their Panasonic vent fans work even more efficiently, so that unwanted humidity and pollutants are removed to keep indoor air quality healthy.”
The WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus product line is comprised of two models, the FV-WCCS1 and the FV-WCCS2. The FV-WCCS1 model is available in both white and light almond colors and includes a fan on/off switch, a blue LED light, a condensation sensor, moisture sensitivity selector, and a Minutes Per Hour (MPH) fan timer. The FV-WCCS2 model is also available in white and light almond, and comes with a blue LED light, condensation sensor, moisture sensitivity selector light on/off switch, fan on/off switch and ASHRAE 62.2 timer. Both WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus models help builders comply with new building codes and standards such as ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, ENERGY STAR® 3.0, and CALGreen.
The WhisperControl Condensation Sensor Plus and Preset Countdown Hourly Timer are part of a comprehensive package of switches and controls that also include the EcoSwitch, a commercial-grade quality line of switches at residential-grade pricing.
For more information about Panasonic ventilation fans, please visit us.panasonic.com/ventfans.
About Panasonic Eco Solutions North America
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC). The company develops and provides customized and integrated technology-based energy solutions for customers in both the public and private sector.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth’s natural resources and protect our environment through the company’s Eco Ideas programs. Panasonic was the only Consumer Electronics company to be listed in the top ten brands on the Interbrand Best Global Green Brands 2011 ranking. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicdirect; additional company information for media is available at www.panasonic.com/pressroom.
# # #
Beth Crisafi (Gibbs & Soell Inc.)
Gabriela Szewcow (Gibbs & Soell Inc.)
Lori Chiazzo (Panasonic)