Panasonic WhisperGreen Select™ Offers Endless Indoor Air Quality Solutions in One Fan
WhisperGreen Select™ ventilation fan on display at CES 2016
- Customizable, all-in-one fan and fan/LED light combinations
- “Pick-A-Flow” speed selector and “Plug and Play” modules allow builders and contractors to customize the vent fan for virtually any application
- Revolutionary DC motor with SmartFlow™ technology provides optimum CFM performance
- Multi-speed allows users to select proper CFM settings to satisfy ASHRAE 62.2 continuous ventilation requirements
- Contemporary flush mount grille incorporates two replaceable, ENERGY STAR rated, GU24 base LED lamps
- Flex-Z Fast™ installation bracket for fast, flexible and easy installation
- WhisperGreen Select can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, Cal-Green and ENERGY STAR for Homes 3.0
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America expands its portfolio with the ground breaking Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) solution that is revolutionizing the vent fan industry with a unique set of features that enable customization and easy installation. WhisperGreen Select™: is the latest addition to the popular line of WhisperGreen™ vent fans.
Thanks to an array of advanced options, the new WhisperGreen Select is the ideal all-purpose IAQ solution. WhisperGreen Select features two new groundbreaking technologies, “Pick-A-Flow” and “Plug and Play”, allowing builders and contractors to customize the vent fan for a variety of applications. The Pick-A-Flow speed selector is available via two base models – 50-80-110 CFM or 110-130-150 CFM, and the required air flow can be achieved with just the flip of a switch. Four unique Plug ‘N Play modules allow for further customization, providing the ability to choose from multiple features such as:
- Multi-speed operation, which allows the proper CFM setting to be selected to satisfy ASHRAE 62.2 continuous ventilation requirements.
- Motion sensor, which activates the fan when it senses a person and automatically returns to the pre-set lower speed when the occupant leaves the room. Once the module is inserted, the fan becomes truly automatic, making it the lowest installed cost solution for meeting ASHRAE 62.2 whole house continuous and spot ventilation. This sensor is also ideal for people with disabilities and assisted living environments such as nursing homes and retirement communities.
- Condensation sensor, which helps control bathroom condensation to prevent mold and mildew. The advanced sensor technology detects relative humidity and temperature to anticipate dew point, automatically turning the fan on to control humidity. When the condensation sensor is used in conjunction with multi-speed functionality, the fan will kick up to high speed when the condensation sensor detects moisture in the room.
- NiteGlo™ LED night light, which utilizes a specialized photocell feature that automatically turns on the 1W LED night light when darkness is sensed in the room. Hi/Low brightness switch enables users to fine tune the photo cell to work in conjunction with the darkness level of the bathroom. This module also activates an automatic 20 minute delay off timer for the fan.
“At Panasonic, we are committed to building and enhancing industry leading products that will make it even easier for contractors and builders to provide their customers with eco-friendly solutions for a cleaner, more comfortable indoor environment,” said Patricia Monks, Product Manager, Panasonic Eco Solutions North America. “The WhisperGreen Select™ offers the same revolutionary DC motor with SmartFlow® Optimum CFM technology and best-in-class LED lighting that the industry has grown to love, but is now even easier to install and can be customized to meet virtually any project requirements.”
WhisperGreen Select’s new Flex-Z Fast™ installation system offers builders and remodelers quick and easy installation. As with all fans in the premium line up, WhisperGreen Select™ can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2, LEED, CalGreen and ENERGY STAR® for Homes 3.0. WhisperGreen Select™ can also be combined with Panasonic’s new EcoVent™ ventilation fan for the ultimate performance package.
For more information about Panasonic ventilation fans, please visit www.panasonic.com/ventfans.
About Panasonic Eco Solutions North America
Panasonic Eco Solutions North America is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. The company develops and provides customized and integrated technology-based energy solutions for customers in both the public and private sector.
In Interbrand’s 2014 annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, Panasonic ranked number five overall and the top electronics brand in the report. As part of continuing sustainability efforts, Panasonic Corporation of North America relocated its headquarters to a new facility, adjacent to Newark Penn Station in Newark, NJ. It is the first newly constructed office tower in Newark to earn both LEED Platinum and Gold certifications from the U.S. Green Building Council. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @PanasonicUSA and learn more us.panasonic.com/news.
# # #
Jacqueline Charles (G&S Business Communications)