Panasonic Introduces i-PRO Extreme Surveillance Technology Platform At ASIS 2016
New H.265 i-PRO Cameras, Recorder and Software Deliver EXTREME PERFORMANCE UNDER EXTREME CONDITIONS
Panasonic, a leading provider of integrated security and video surveillance solutions, today introduced its next generation i-PRO® Extreme technology platform at ASIS International 2016. The i-PRO Extreme platform is available on Panasonic’s new line-up of cameras, recorders and video management software (VMS) —providing a native end-to-end H.265 system while also delivering demonstrable enhancements in image quality, system reliability, IP security and embedded intelligence.
“Panasonic continues to raise the bar on image quality while simultaneously lowering bandwidth requirements in order to exceed customer expectations. Providing these solutions with robust IP security and an improved ease of use helps users capture, record and manage their video surveillance in even the most demanding surveillance scenarios,” said Charlie Hare, National Category Manager, Security Evidence Management Solutions. “The introduction of the new i-PRO Extreme based cameras, recorder and software solutions underscores our commitment to maximizing the effectiveness and efficiency of our customers’ video surveillance investments.”
Key technology enhancements delivered by i-PRO Extreme include:
EXTREME VISIBILITY: Captures the highest quality images automatically even in very dynamic and challenging lighting environments and includes:
- • Intelligent Auto Mode: Continuously monitors scene dynamics and motion to automatically adjust key camera settings in real-time, optimizing captured images and reducing distortion such as motion blur on moving objects.
- • 144dB Enhanced Super Dynamic Range: New industry-leading 144dB dynamic range performance delivers balanced scene exposure in highly dynamic and extreme-backlit lighting environments.
- • Color Night Vision: Delivers outstanding low-light performance (0.0008 to 0.015 lux) with accurate color rendition and saturation from i-PRO’s 1/3" sensor, rivaling the performance of costlier 1/2" sensor cameras.
EXTREME COMPRESSION: Industry standard H.265 coupled with Panasonic’s Smart Coding technology delivers the highest quality images at the lowest bitrates.
- • H.265 Compression: Industry standard H.265 compression delivers high quality images while reducing streaming and storage requirements by approximately 50 percent over H.264.
- • Smart Coding: Working on top of H.265, Smart Coding with GOP Control reduces bandwidth even further on relatively still scenes while Auto-VIQs (Variable Image Quality on Specified Area) analyzes scenes automatically for motion and intelligently reduces bandwidth requirements even further for a combined efficiency of up to an 75 percent over H.264.
- • Smart Facial Coding: High performance face detection technology in the camera automatically detects faces in a scene and encodes those regions at the highest quality, ensuring clear identification.
EXTREME RELIABILITY: Delivers low failure rates and redundancy along with Panasonic’s i-PRO Preferred warranty program for unmatched service enhancements and support.
- • HDD Dynamic Power Control: HDD power control technology built into new WJ-NX400 recorders intelligently and dynamically powers down HDD’s without risking recording loss, while extending HDD life up to seven years (depending on environment and usage).
- • Auto-Failover: New WJ-NX400 recorders can be connected in tandem to enable seamless recording redundancy for mission critical applications.
- • 5 Year Warranty: Panasonic’s i-PRO Preferred program adds an additional two years to the factory 3-year warranty on i-PRO cameras for a total of five years and includes Priority Advanced Exchange*.
- • H.264 Backward Compatibility: New H.265 enabled cameras include H.264 compatibility modes enabling customers to migrate portions of their system to the new standard at their own pace. This allows users to maximize existing investments in H.264 products while reducing overall TCO and helping to future proof their networks.
EXTREME DATA SECURITY: i-PRO’s Secure Communication Suite ensures robust end-to-end IP security of the i-PRO Extreme based surveillance network.
- • Secure Communication: Because every device with an IP address is potentially vulnerable, i-PRO Extreme with Secure Communication now offers an additional layer of network based protection including a PC-level security suite, embedded in all new i-PRO Extreme Cameras, Recorders and Management Software for robust data and communications encryption.
- • FIPS Certified: i-PRO Extreme products meet the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1, as required for FBI and Public Safety use.
New i-PRO Extreme Camera Line-Up
Panasonic’s booth #3530 will showcase some of the new H.265 cameras in the i-PRO Extreme line. For a full list of all new i-PRO Extreme cameras, please see the chart on the next page.
Key enhancements in all new iPRO Extreme camera models include:
- • H.265 Smart Coding (Long GOP, Auto-VIQS, Smart Face Coding)
- • H.264 Compatibility and mixed mode streaming, recording and viewing
- • Auto Image Stabilization
- • Secure Communication
- • Up to 4-Steam simultaneous H.265/264 encoding
- • Enhanced Super Dynamic 144dB at 30fps (depending on model)
- • Ultra-high sensitivity from 0.008 lux to 0.015 in color mode (depending on model)
- • Touchable Rain Wash Coating (outdoor models only)
- • Built in IR LED (up to 130 feet)
New i-PRO Extreme Recorder WJ-NX400
Panasonic will also be previewing the new WJ-NX400 i-PRO Extreme H.265 Secure System Recorder (available in December 2016), the much anticipated successor of the long standing WJ-ND400 i-PRO recorder. The new WJ-NX400 recorder features H.265/H.264 recording, increased throughput and recording channel capacity as well as an integrated GUI for PC-Less applications enabling a complete Camera/Recorder/Viewing solution without the need for a separate PC client.
Key features include:
HIGH-BANDWIDTH SECURE RECORDING
- • 64 Channels Base – expandable to 128 (H.265/264)
- • 384Mbps recording bandwidth
- • Secure Communication
PC-LESS SURVEILLANCE SOLUTION
- • Built-in video viewing and Management GUI with Dual HDMI Outputs
- • Automatic camera configuration wizard for easy-set-up
- • 2nd Stream Recording automatically records a companion stream for mobile playback
- • (9) Integrated Drive-bays support RAID/5/6
- • External storage expansion up to 270TB
HIGH RELIABILTY AND REDUNDANCY
- • Dynamic HDD Power Management increases HDD life up to seven years
- • Redundant fail-over uses 2nd Recorder to enable seamless mission-critical recording
- • No camera license fees
New i-PRO Extreme Video Management Application WV-ASM300
Also on preview will be the new WV-ASM300 i-PRO Extreme H.265 Secure Video Management Software application (available in December 2016), a major new update of Panasonic’s popular WV-ASM200 software. The ASM300 is a powerful Windows® application that enables a secure, scalable H.265 ready, multi-camera, multi-recorder surveillance management environment and is compatible with Panasonic’s legacy i-PRO line of H.264 cameras, recorders and encoders.
Key features include:
FULLY INTEGRATED & SECURE
- • Integrated camera control, viewing and recorder management
- • Integrates i-PRO Extreme H.265 & i-PRO H.264 equipment
- • Secure Communication
POWERFUL USER INTERFACE
- • NEW user-interface design & 4K native GUI enhances usability
- • Automatic camera configuration wizard speeds system set-up
- • ASM300 now includes multi-monitor and WJ-CU950 support as standard
SCALABLE AND EXTENDABLE
- • Base: 100 recorders, 64 encoders and 256 cameras
- • Expandable to thousands of cameras, recorders and encoders
- • Full array of software extension modules available
EASY TRIAL OPTIONS
- • NEW FREE limited version supports 16 Cameras/1 Recorder
- • No annual license fees required for i-PRO or Advidia Cameras
|Camera Type||Model Number||Estimated Availability Date|
|Indoor Box||Full HD||WV-S1131||Oct-16|
|Outdoor Box||Full HD||WV-S1531LTN||Mar-17|
|Outdoor Dome||Full HD||WV-S2531LTN||Mar-17|
|Indoor Vandal Dome||Full HD||WV-S2231L||Nov-16|
|Indoor Dome||Full HD||WV-S2131L||Nov-16|
*For more information or to register for the i-PRO Preferred Program, visit www.us.panasonic.com/ipropreferred
About Panasonic System Communications Company of North America
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, delivers reliable technology solutions for government and commercial enterprises. Technologies include mobile computing devices and support services, point-of-sale solutions, video surveillance systems, video evidence capture and management solutions, professional displays, projectors, digital signage, video production equipment, and office communications and productivity solutions. To learn more call 877-803-8492 or visit us.panasonic.com/business-solutions/.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. In Interbrand’s 2014 annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, Panasonic ranked number five overall and the top electronics brand in the report. As part of continuing sustainability efforts, Panasonic Corporation of North America relocated its headquarters to a new facility, adjacent to Newark Penn Station in Newark, NJ. It is the first newly constructed office tower in Newark to earn both LEED Platinum and Gold certifications from the U.S. Green Building Council. Learn more about Panasonic at us.panasonic.com/news.
Connect with Panasonic:
Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Facebook, YouTube
Arnab Mitra (Panasonic)
Nicholas Nelson (Cohn & Wolfe for Panasonic)