Panasonic Showcases Restaurant Mobility, POS and Kitchen Solutions at National Restaurant Association Show 2016
Demonstrations highlight how mobile technology can improve ROI, customer engagement, restaurant efficiency and operations
Panasonic, an industry leader in food service technology, will showcase its latest front of house, back of house and kitchen solutions at the National Restaurant Association Show in Chicago, IL (booth #6866). As dining options for the average customer continue to expand, restaurants require technologies that will give them a competitive edge, increasing efficiencies, improving operations and keep their customers coming back for more.
"Restaurants that are not embracing mobility are already behind the curve,” said Jeff Pinc, Director, Food Services, Panasonic System Communications Company of North America. “We already see an increasing number of businesses leverage mobile devices to address challenges, including long customer wait times, accurate food cost tracking, labor and inventory management. Restaurateurs must meet the demand of their customers who want to place their orders in many different ways and ultimately have payment flexibility for the transaction. Restaurants that do not embrace mobility risk getting left behind."
Kitchen technology is also proving to provide a competitive edge for restaurants, making them more efficient. Ken Megarr, MS, CCC, Director Commercial Appliance Applications Test Kitchen, Panasonic notes: "Energy efficiency and equipment versatility are key components when operators are designing and upgrading commercial kitchens. Operators and chains are exploring ways to reduce and even eliminate exhaust and vent hoods. It’s why we are introducing ‘Hoodless’ technology across our entire Kitchen Equipment line.”
Panasonic will demo the following technologies at booth #6866:
Front of House Solutions
- · Rugged Tablet Solutions for line busting and tableside service, including:
- o NEW Toughpad FZ-Q1: 12.5” tablet for line busting
- o Toughpad FZ-R1: Purpose-built mPOS device, with integrated EMV reader, designed to accept most electronic payments
- o Toughpad FZ-M1: 7” fully rugged tablet for line busting
- o Toughpad FZ-G1: 10.1” fully rugged tablet for line busting
- · Drive Thru Solutions, including the rugged, noise-canceling Attune II Wireless Audio System
- · Fixed POS, including the JS-970 Stingray III, an enterprise-grade POS device featuring an all-in-one flexible, modular design
- · Self-Service POS Kiosks
Back of House Solutions
- · Clearview by Panasonic: a highly flexible and scalable web-based solution for financial management, food cost management, and labor management
- · Virtual Site Manager: a powerful solution integrating POS and video technology that provides sales intelligence and live HD surveillance footage provides valuable insights
- · Dwell Time: monitor customer behavior using Panasonic’s 360-degree network camera to view restaurant floor and measure dwell time, movement and concentration of customers
- · NEW Combination High Speed Oven
- · Microwaves, rice cooker, and stove top solutions. Panasonic will also be introducing a new “Met-All” all metal induction cook-top, a proprietary induction cooking technology that will work on any metal pan placed on it.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (product information and images, brochures, ordering): http://business.panasonic.com/food-services.html
Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, delivers reliable technology solutions for government and commercial enterprises, nonprofit organizations, creative professionals and SMBs. Learn more at us.panasonic.com/business-solutions/.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. Learn more about Panasonic at www.panasonic.com.
# # #
Devin Kingdon (Cohn & Wolfe for Panasonic) +1 323-602-1087
firstname.lastname@example.org or PanasonicB2B@cohnwolfe.com