Panasonic Announces New Network Scanning Solution
Combined with the added processing power of an Intel Core™ i5 tablet, new system features enhanced efficiencies and reliability
Panasonic, a provider of industry leading document management and imaging solutions, announced today its newest M100 series network scanning solution that combines the advanced processing power of an Intel Core™ i5 tablet with the reliability of its award-winning scanners. This new system provides a state of the art, fully-connected document management and imaging solution ideal for any sized business—from enterprise to a small to medium-sized—the universal solution provides a streamlined workflow, ultimately trimming unnecessary back-office time. With superior network connectivity and advanced image processing, the network scanning solution eliminates the need for manual scanning and data entry with the ability to scan to email, shared folders, fax or Bluetooth* at the touch of a button.
“By enhancing the scanner system with the advanced processing and durability of the Toughpad, I’ll be able to deliver an overall superior solution with enhanced document management abilities using Panasonic’s patented technology,” said Levi Longmore, President of Scanner One, Inc., a Panasonic authorized Value-Added Reseller. “As the first and only 100 page per minute document management solution of its kind, I have no doubt the new network scanning system will be a welcome solution for many of my customers including insurance companies, banks, hospitals, and healthcare offices.”
Panasonic is an industry leader in delivering high-speed—exceeding 45PPM—and true production level network scanning. The M100 series stays true to that promise providing best-in-class image processing. With the added high-performance processor, the Panasonic system can quickly scan images without any reduction in productivity. Additional features include:
- High-speed Simplex & Duplex Scanning: With increased scanning speeds up to 100PPM, ability to automatically scan single or double-sided with the stroke of a single key.
- Double-Feed, Staple & Dog-Ear Detection*: Using several high-performance sensors to detect issues, these functions alert the user at the time of detection to help eliminate paper jams and increase scanning speeds.
- Long Paper Mode, Mixed Media & Batch Scanning: Save time and eliminate the need to set-up scanning parameters multiple times with the ability to automatically scan multiple items at one time, and capacity to support long-paper items such as electrocardiograms, passports and thick card stock with the straight-path paper feed.
- Various Type File Support: The system can support a multitude of file formats including uncompressed TIFF, JPEG TIFF, multipage TIFF, JPEG, PNG, PDF and searchable PDF.
- Security & Device Management: Feel confident and secure with even your most sensitive business documents with added security and management features including:
- Domain Network Authentication / Local User Management
- Remote Administration
- Local Device Address Book (LDAP)
- Built in Auditing
- Auto Document Erasure
* Available on select models only
“We’re always on the lookout for new ways to package up and deliver an even greater, efficient and cost-savings document management solution to our customers,” said Joseph Odore, Product Manager for Document Management and Imaging Solutions, Panasonic. “Our new network-connected scanning system provides enhanced processing for businesses of all sizes, as well as a software development kit and custom professional services upon request.”
Pricing and Availability
The new network scanning solution is available today through authorized Panasonic resellers, and configured with select scanner models, including:
- KV-S157M100 - KV-S1057C w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution† – $4,000.00 MSRP
- KV-S287M100 - KV-S2087 w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution† – $6,200.00 MSRP
- KV-S546M100 - KV-S5046H w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution† – $7,900.00 MSRP
- KV-S576M100 - KV-S5076H w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution† – $8,400.00 MSRP
- KV-S465M100 - KV-S4065CW w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution†† – $9,900.00 MSRP
- KV-S485M100 - KV-S4085CW w/ M1 Network Scanner Solution†† – $14,600.00 MSRP
The Intel Core™ i5 Toughpad M1 tablet is covered under a Three-Year Limited Parts & Labor Warranty. For more information on the new M100 series network scanner solution, please visit:
† Select scanner models come standard with a Three-Year Advance Exchange Warranty
††Select scanner models come equipped with a 90-Day Warranty
Panasonic Solutions for Business
Panasonic delivers game-changing technology solutions that deliver a customized experience to drive better outcomes—for our customers and our customers’ customers. Panasonic engineers reliable products and solutions that help to create, capture and deliver data of all types, where, when and how it is needed. The complete suite of Panasonic professional solutions for government and commercial enterprises of all sizes addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance, retail point-of-sale, office productivity, visual communications (projectors, displays, digital signage) and HD video production. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America, Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation.
All brand and company/product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Information on Panasonic solutions for business can be obtained by calling (877) 803-8492 or at http://business.panasonic.com.
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Panasonic Corporation of North America provides a broad line of digital and other electronics products and solutions for consumer, business and industrial use. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. branding, marketing, sales, service and R&D operations. In Interbrand’s 2014 annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, Panasonic ranked number five overall and the top electronics brand in the report. As part of continuing sustainability efforts, Panasonic Corporation of North America relocated its headquarters to a new facility, adjacent to Newark Penn Station in Newark, NJ. It is the first newly constructed office tower in Newark to earn both LEED Platinum and Gold certifications from the U.S. Green Building Council. Learn more about Panasonic at us.panasonic.com/news.